𝙘𝙝. 14

thanksgiving special, happy turkey day, it's my birthday :)

*
Thanksgiving had gone by so fast. Stan and Eddie were the only ones excited for it.

Eddie because he got to cook and it meant being closer to Christmas, and Stan was excited because Eddie had agreed to teach him how to cook.

The two were in Eddie's kitchen, Stan had suggested they use his since it was bigger. Eddie had crossed his arms and huffed, "I have all the ingredients at home and I don't want to move everything to your house, Stan." Stanley had agreed nonetheless, "I'm just saying, more space."

Eddie rolled his eyes, "Shut up, put this on." He tossed Stan something white and Stan unfolded it. It was a chefs hat. He held it in his left hand, "Why?" Eddie giggled, "So you'll look cute." Then Eddie pulled out a second hat from the drawers and put it on, looking at Stan so he would put his on too. Stanley sighed but obliged.

"Okay!" Eddie clasped his hands together. "We should start by making the fettuccine." Eddie, being half italian from his dads side of the family, said the meal in a natural Italian accent and Stan had to smile, "It's an easy meal." The brunette added, "You can make it."

"Alright, what do I need?" Eddie was already rummaging around his fridge for vegetables and other assortments of things. "Mushrooms, onions, garlic.. where's the— oh, okay, heavy cream, parmesan cheese..." He muttered out the ingredients like if they had any meaning to Stan. He just wanted to make something.

"Start by cutting these up." He laid out some mushrooms and handed Stan a cutting knife along with a cutting board. Stan nodded, took the knife and the board, set the board down gently, placed the first mushroom down and held it firmly with his thumb and index finger, his other fingers held around the mushroom for support. He cut the fungus carefully and slowly, cautiously.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Eddie boil some water and pour a cup of something into a dutch oven (pot) and then dump in a packet of spaghetti. For some reason, Stan could hear Richie's voice yelling out "Hey, Eddie spaghetti!" Eddie could hear it too.

Eddie watched the spaghetti cook and then looked over at Stan who was still cutting up the mushrooms, humming quietly to himself. "Where's your bird?" Eddie asked. Stan didn't stop cutting, "I left him with ben." Eddie nodded, though Stan couldn't see because his back was facing Eddie. He heard Eddie sigh and walk over to where Stan was cutting.

Then, Eddie grabbed an onion as well as a knife and set it down on the counter, "You're really quiet, you know?" He whispered, cutting the onion in half. Stan shrugged, "I guess."
"Why?"

He looked down at the pile of mushrooms he had cut, "Because.. I don't think I have anything interesting to say. Anything worth talking about." Eddie put his knife down and looked at stan, "Hey, don't say that! You're interesting. That's enough mushroom, by the way." The taller boy said okay and then turned to look at Eddie. His brows were furrowed the way they always did when he was thinking deeply. "I just never know what to say. I'm not that fun."

"You're fun. You're really funny, Stan. You may not see that but everyone else does, I sure do." he smiled, "Ya know, I used to have a small crush on you. Back in like sixth grade." He didn't know why, but hearing Eddie say that, made his heart flutter a bit, "I mean, I obviously dont now.. if I did, I don't think I'd be telling you this. My point is, you're interesting and fun enough to have me liking you and if I like you, then so do other people. Besides, I'm glad you're my friend. I'm glad you're in my friend group, who would be the one to put Richie in his place when he's being so annoying." Despite himself, Stan had to laugh.

"I mean, I probably could but not as good as you, that's for sure." He was cutting the onion again now, into tiny little pieces. "Thanks Eddie, I used to have a small crush on you back then too." Eddie chuckled, "Ain't that a funny story?" Stan shrugged with a smile, "I guess so."