▫️ Four

Teddy pushed the door open and got in the room only for his eyes to widen as he took in the scene before him.

He was in a grassy field that stopped by what appeared to be a river a few ways away. There were flowers all around him and all kinds of trees, but the flowers that were more evident were the roses and the willows. But that wasn't what caught his attention.

Below a willow was a wooden table that resembled the ones in the Great Hall, just for two people it seemed, and on it, was a bag and a number of books along with a quill, an ink pot and some parchment. Astonished, he looked around him, his eyes instantly falling on the willow near the table where he could see a person.

She had climbed on one of the thick branches of the tree and was laying against it, her back facing the ground, one hand tangling off the branch while the other was placed over her stomach. She had moved her hair to the side and it was tangling down the branch as well along with her arm. Her legs were against the truck. She was wearing a Gryffindor robe, he realised, and she was humming. For a while, he just stood there, watching her, before he realised who she was.

"Rose?"

The girl fell of the branch with a scream. His eyes widened and he froze, not moving an inch until he heard a low groan. He rushed her way.

"Are you alright?"

"If I got hurt, I'm blaming you."

His eyebrows shot up as he looked up, noticing with a small scowl that the branch was so close to the ground he didn't even need to climb the tree to sit on it. "I doubt a fall from that high would sustain an injury."

"Speaking from experience, huh?"

"What?" he spluttered, gobsmacked. In all honesty, he hadn't expected her to have such a mouth. He thought she was the shy type.

"Do I need to repeat myself?" She groaned as she turned around so she was laying on her back, glaring at him as soon as she saw him. "What are you doing here, Lupin?"

"I was patrolling-"

"More like sticking your nose in other people's business."

"I'm sorry, I don't think this place is something you're the only one entitled to find and enjoy."

"Such a shame," she huffed as she pushed herself up. "Seems like I'll have to interact with people again."

His eyes widened as she stood up and walked over to her bag. "Aren't you in pain?"

"It wasn't all that high up, Lupin."

"You still fell," he pointed out, his eyes narrowed. "What's your surname?"

She sent him a look. "You've got no idea who I am after six years of being in the same year, right?"

"There are a lot of people in our year."

She only rolled her eyes, "Jones."

"We're going to the Hospital Wing, Jones."

"No, I don't think so," she grumbled as she gathered her things in her bag once more. "I'll be going to the Hospital Wing. You can do whatever you want."

"I'll go with you. Something might happen on your way there."

"Oh yeah," she scoffed, "I'm going to be swallowed by the floor."

"Grumble and whine all you wish, Jones, I'm coming with you."

She only rolled her eyes at him as she walked away with her bag strapped over her shoulder. When he moved to take her bag in an effort to help, she smacked his hand away. Teddy was still for a few seconds, shocked at what she had just done before he shook his head and with a last look around the room, headed after her outside.