Part 15

Namjoon heard the phone ringing, and got up to get it.
"Hello?"
"Hello this is SOPA school we just wanted to know if Jungkook will be coming back soon."
"Oh, umm...." Namjoon froze. He didn't know what to say. If he told the school where he was, it could get out to the students, and that was the last thing they wanted. He decided to tell a little white lie.
"Umm no, he's ill in hospital at the moment. Yeah he came down with something quite serious so he may be there a little while. But he should be back in a week or two hopefully." Well, he wasn't exactly lying. It was true, just not the full story.
"Ok thank you. Please let us know when he will be coming back." They said, before hanging up, and Namjoon breathed a sigh of relief. No one knew. Or so he thought.

"Did you hear about jungkook?" A student said.
"What about him? I thought he was off just cause of promotions." Jihoon says, leaning back in his chair, with his feet on the table arrogantly.
"Nope. He finished promotions. He's off cause he's in a mental hospital." The other student says, with a sly grin. Jihoon quickly sits up.
"... a mental hospital?" He says, with a sinister tone.
"Yep." The other student replies, still with a smirk.
"How do you know?" Jihoon says sternly. He wants to make sure the information is true, even though he's definitely gonna spread it either way. That's a great way to take him down once and for all.
"Apparently a fan saw him being taken in. They say he was shaking and even had bandages on his arms. He must have been slicing himself up." The student chuckles. Jihoon let's out a huff in amusement.
"Great. 'Jungkooks going insane'. That'll look great for 'bangtan sonyeondan'" he says, with a sly smirk.

The rest of the students start filing in, and jihoon has a smirk on his face. He leans to the side and whispers to the student next to him.
"Did ya hear... jungkooks in a mental hospital. He's gone insane." He whispered with a smirk.
"Really?" the student whispered back and jihoon nods. Whispers start spreading, until the whole class was talking about it.
"Alright class settle down." The teacher says, curious about all the whispers.
"Ay miss, did ya hear?" Jihoon says, being the usual troublemaker he was.
"What, jihoon" she said, rolling her eyes and sighing.
"Jungkooks in a mental hospital."
Her heart clenched. Was this true? She new that jungkook had dealt with a lot, but had he really gone that far? She remembered the receptionist saying he was in hospital, but not a mental hospital.
"How do you know that, jihoon?" She asked, ready to prove him wrong.
"Apparently a fan saw him at a hospital a few days ago." Jihoon replied arrogantly.
"Yes, because he's ill. Not mentally, physically. Don't assume things jihoon. And don't go spreading things that aren't true." She says firmly. She won't tolerate this, especially not when it comes to Jungkook. Jihoon just rolls his eyes and gives up, still knowing full well that he will spread that rumor around the whole school, so it will be hell when he gets back...

———————

The nurse woke up the next morning, and immediately glanced at Jungkook to see how he was doing. The colour had come back to his cheeks, and he was sleeping a lot more peacefully. Hopefully he feels better now. She knew it would be best to let him sleep for however long he needs and let him wake up naturally in his own time, so she quickly got some coffee and came straight back. She sat on her own bed, sipping her coffee, reading her book again, since it was one of the only things she was allowed to do, and continued to glance up at Jungkook after pretty much every sentence she read. She heard Jungkook take a deep breath, and glanced up to see him wriggling slightly in his sleep. He must be starting to wake up now. She carries on reading for now, and after a few more sighs and wriggles, she puts the book down and crouches next to his bed, stroking his hair back. His eyes open ever so slightly, and he slowly starts waking up bit by bit.
"Morning Jungkook." The nurse says quietly but chirpily. "Did you sleep well? Are you feeling better?" She asks, not really expecting a coherent answer. He just nods sluggishly, wriggling about again. "It's ok, take your time we're not in a rush. You can snooze for a little longer if you want." She says softly, and Jungkook nods again, pulling the covers over his head, making the nurse chuckle slightly. She goes back to her coffee, sipping it slowly, waiting for Jungkook to wake up fully. Eventually she sees limbs poking out of the blanket as he stretches, and he finally sits up.
"Hold on just a second Jungkook, before you go anywhere else, let me take this out." She says, carefully taking the IV out of his arm. Luckily he was too tired to really feel it.
"What do you wanna do? Do you want a shower or?" Jungkook nods sluggishly again. He still wasn't feeling 100%, but he was feeling much better.
"Yeah, it'll probably help wake you up a bit more. Can I take the bandages off? Or do you want the water resistant ones?" She asks.
"Umm..." he mumbles, revealing his morning voice. "I think I can last without them."
"Are you sure?" She asks.
"Yeah..." Jungkook says, semi-confidently. The nurse sighs, tilting her head, deciding to trust him.
"Ok. Try to be quick though." The says, undoing his bandages for him, and checking the wounds quickly before letting him go.

He gets through the shower fine, and gets changed before heading out. The nurse replaces the bandages and leads him to the canteen, getting his food for him and placing it in front of him, watching as he eats it. He can't quite stomach that much of it, but the nurse let's him off since he's still not 100% better.
"The doctor will want to talk to you later. She'll probably come to your room this time though."
"Oh. What about?" Jungkook asks innocently.
"Do you not remember?" The nurse asks, and Jungkook stops to think, before shaking his head with a confused expression.
"You tried to run away. That's why we had to sedate you." Jungkook froze again. He remembered now. He remembered every little detail.
"Oh, right that." Jungkook mumbles. Jungkook clears his throat, and the anxiety starts building again as he remembers why he wanted to run away.
"Can we just get back to my room? I'm feeling nervous." Jungkook mumbles awkwardly. The nurse nods, taking his tray of half eaten food and leading him back to his room. Jungkook stays close by the nurses side. The urge to run away again is strong, but he definitely doesn't want to have to be sedated again.

As soon as they get back to his room he sits down on his bed, trying to keep his breathing steady.
"Are you ok? What's making you nervous?" The nurse asks, crouching in front of him.
"Just thinking about... why I ran away. It makes me want to run away again but I know I shouldn't and if I do I'll just end up being sedated again. I don't want that."
"It's ok, I can lock the door for you if you want, to stop you escaping?" Jungkook nods and the nurse was about to go and lock the door when she heard a knock. It must be the doctor. She lets her in and locks the door behind her. The doctor immediately walks over to jungkook.
"You already know what I'm going to ask I assume?" She says. Jungkook nods. The panic is building and everyone can see that, but the doctor continues to wait for an answer. But Jungkook can't speak. His breathing picks up along with his heart rate, his hands are shaking and and tears are pooling in his eyes. He looses all control over himself, and his finds his body zooming over to the door, pulling on the handle and banging on the door. He felt trapped. He needed to get out of here.
"Jungkook. Jungkook. You need to listen to me." The doctor says, crouching down in front of him. Jungkook could barely hear her, too busy banging his fists into the door. The doctor pulls his hands away before he hurts himself, and he turns to look at her.
"Jungkook, breathe with me. In, and out. That's it." She said softly, watching as he took shaky breaths. They stayed like that for a while until Jungkook had finally calmed down.
"Do you think you can tell me why you tried to run away now?" The doctor said, being more sensitive towards him. Jungkook, although he had calmed down, was still letting out soft hiccups and sobs.
"I don't want *hic* anyone *hic* to know *hic* that I'm here *hic* if they find out *hic* they'll *hic* hurt me *hic hic*" the poor thing looked so vulnerable. The doctor remembered being told about the fact that he was bullied, and she knew exactly what he meant. And unfortunately, it's true.
"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I know how hard it is. But you know you have to stay here. We will make sure the school knows and takes action on anyone who tries to hurt you. You will be fine Jungkook. I promise."