Angler's happy pills (Baxter x Alastor)

((This is something I wanted to do for myself, the next part of Second princess of hell will come after this so don't worry, also the happy pills will be described at the end))

It was late at night and Baxter did what he thought was impossible, he created an antidepressant that actually works and in an instant. He was so happy he finished the assignment that Mimzy asked him out of boredom to make that he tried it. It didn't feel like was working until he heard his lab door open then a huge smile crossed his face. He turned around to see a tall attractive man in red walk towards him, copying his smile, of course, this was Alastor aka the radio demon (aka a lot of girls' daddy). "Ah Baxy, I see that your happy pill works like a charm, you're copying my smile too!" Alastor exclaimed with a joyous smile across his face, Baxter could only smile and he felt his cheeks glow, "Well, I did have to try and copy your smile and Charlie's bubbly mood, it was hard to do it but with enough serotonin, it's possible." Baxter explained to the taller demon.

"My my, your cheeks are glowing, is that a side effect?" Al cocked his head to the side and stepped closer.
"Huh? My cheeks-" Baxter quickly looked to the side and saw his reflection on a beaker, his face was bright blue. "Oh my face, why is it like that?" His smile was stuck in place and his voice sounded like it was an innocent question and not like he was panicking.
"I'm not sure, maybe a side effect."
"Yeah, must be. So why did you come visit lil old me?"
"Weeeelll, I have heard through the grapevine that you have been acting a bit off. But I see of why."
Baxter gave a confused look, "What do you mean by that Al?" He knew exactly what he meant, but he was afraid of what he'd say.
"Well, I heard that you were talking non-stop about me, trying to learn how to hunt deer, buying a suit and listening to radio shows. Do you might have feelings for me?"

Baxter felt a lump in his throat, his smile was curled a bit and he felt like he tried to answer the question, "Why of course not, why would I feelings for you? The only feelings I have for you are platonic." This was a lie, he had feelings for him but he didn't want to admit it, he already got to be his friends with him and didn't want to ruin it."

Alastor took a deep breath, "Thank goodness, well see ya chap." He waved at Bax and left the room. As soon as he left the lab he he sighed, "Of course he wouldn't be interested you silly deer, why bother?" He had feelings for the small fish but not for a long time. It started as soon as they worked out their past and they started becoming friends. He never knew why he got attracted to the small angler fish, but his heart yearned for him and begged to stay in his lab. He took a sigh and left the area of the lab to chat with Mimzy in the main room.

"Did he confess?" Mimzy asked, staring at the taller demon in front of her.
"Unfortunately not my doll, it seems that he doesn't share the feelings as you thought-" Al responded to the short flapper gal.
"Well I call that a bunch of baloney, I hear him all the time blather on about you. He talks about you more than he talks about his science."

Alastor paused and stared at the small flapper gal, his eyes lit up and cheeks glowed at her statement. He had a chance, and now that he knew the small fish was lying before hand, he knew he had to break the fish to confessing. He thanked the small gal and ran off to his room. "Boys will forever be boys." Mimzy sighed to herself and rolled her eyes before going to her room to rest.

The next couple of days were kind of different. For starters, Baxter was out of his room and was talking to the other residents, he was also restricting himself from having coffee but it was his smile that set everyone off, apart from Alastor who saw it before hand. Yet everyone were more concerned about Al, he was more bouncy and was talking about Baxter every chance he got, he bought ingredients for future science projects and even flowers for a small scientist's heart. As the days went passed, Husk — the bartender of the hotel's bar — noticed something wrong with Bax, he was in pain from the smiling and would catch him secretly forcing pills down his throat. It was slightly disturbing.