Three empty words

Bobby looked at the sleeping girl it hurt him too much. Mc was everything to him. Yet as the the time on the island was over he feared they wouldn't make it. Bobby had been hurt too many times to count. He knew Mc was a good person with a good heart but in the real world they just didn't work the same. She was so caught up in work now and Bobby had moved his life to be with her in London. He knew nobody so the days he spent there were lonely. Even when she was home from work all she could think about was work and Bobby felt selfish but he needed attention too. He would cook them dinner every night but half the time she either already ate with her coworker Ben or she took it in the office to eat while working. Almost every night Bobby sat alone at the table quietly eating dinner. Every night she would be asleep before he even came in, he would cuddle up to a pillow as now she didn't like cuddling in bed or so she had claimed. He fought back tears, he knew these signs all too well from his exes. They get tired of his jokes. He didn't have much else to offer he could only bake so many bakery items for them. It had been 1 year and 6 months since Love island, since they had said I love you to each other and since he asked her to be his officially. He told her I love you every morning before she left for work and every night when she got home and every time they talked on the phone but instead of hearing it back he would only get a mhm or yeah. Those words had become three empty words at this point. He knew things were over with them, yet he was still in love with her. But he knew he needed to leave her alone for her to be happy again. She was too good for him and they both knew that. She asked him to leave the night before this one. He quietly got out of bed and packed his things away in his suitcase, tears streamed down his face. He planted a kiss on her head before walking out of the flat that she owned that he had crashed in for all these months as an unwanted guest. "I love you." He said those three empty words for the last time before walking into the darkness of London, he never saw her again but he never fell in love again, how could he? She was his soulmate but he wasn't hers.