Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Austin’s POV

            It was as if Ian just spat it off the previous events that had brought him to where he is now as if it had just happened. Nevertheless, it was evident that he was affected greatly because of the tears that were trickling down his face.

“Oh my goodness Ian, I am so sorry,” my mom said and stood up to hug him. “When did this happen?”

“Last weekend, on my eighteenth birthday. She eventually said that either I was leaving or she was. She and my father continued to argue, and she ended up leaving.” Ian explained.

How could someone be so selfish? How could someone do that to Ian? He is so sweet and kind to others. I just cannot fathom treating someone, especially your own child, as if they are not worth getting to know your child’s feelings.  How can you say that you love someone and not care how your feelings and actions affect that person?

The only thing I could do was hug Ian. I stood in front of Ian and just hugged him, and I could hear small sobs escape from him as his mind plagued him of his memories past. I did not even realize what I was doing. All I know is that Ian was hurting, and it only felt right to comfort him; the comfort that he needed and deserved. The comfort that should have been given to him by the person who caused him to be in pain, his mother.

“Ian, honey, I know that this is hard. I am not even going to pretend that it is not. However, you should not hold any kind of hatred against your mother. I know that it is hard not to, but it will only make it harder. It will take time, but you will have to find a way to forgive her. It will not happen overnight, and it very well should not, but eventually. Love her first, and then forgive her,” my mother explained to him.

“Mrs. Kendal, you have got to be the smartest and most compassionate woman I have ever met. I wish my mother was like you; caring and compassionate. I have never seen her act like that toward anyone. I never believed she would treat me like that,” Ian said with a frown on his face.

“Mom, if it is okay, I am going to take Ian upstairs to my room. I think he needs to relax for a little while.” I told her after giving her a hug.

“Okay, dinner will be done at six,” she explained.

            I noticed that Ian was still a little shaken from the current events that had unfolded not even ten minutes ago.  I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and led him to my room. It was only four o’clock, so I suggested to Ian that he lay on my bed and rest until it was time for dinner. I am sure that he did not want to talk to me right now, and I do not blame him. I know I would not.

I sat Ian down on my bed and gave him another hug. As I hugged Ian, I could smell his aroma that filled my nostrils instantly. He smelled wonderful, a mixture of lavender and wild berries. I looked at him and actually noticed him for the first time. He has beautiful blond hair, adoring green eyes that are just gorgeous, and a face that glows with innocence. We are the same height, 5’10”, and he has a great swimmer’s body. He has perfectly tanned skin that is just as soft and smooth as silk. He is just a vision of beauty that has been graced by the touch of God himself. Nothing less than perfect the way I see it.

I sat there for a moment and looked into Ian’s perfectly shaped green eyes, and could still see that remnants of pain and hurt. How could anyone hurt someone so caring and beautiful? As I sat there and looked at Ian and his beautiful eyes, I could not help but to notice a feeling swell up inside of me. I feeling that I am not sure that I have ever felt before. My hands started to sweat, my stomach felt as though it had butterflies, and I was a little light headed. What is the feeling that I am feeling? Should I ask him, or should I ask my mother and father? Is it strange that I should be having these feelings, or is it completely normal?