Chapter 11

Chapter 11

(A/N: This is not a very special chapter, but I would like to dedicate it to Robokitt for the words of encouragement. Thank you very much for inspiring me to continue. Please do not forget to vote and comment.)

Austin’s POV

            What a night. I just asked out Ian Cooper. I could not have planned it better. Well, actually, I think I might have been able to plan it better, but it just seemed to be the right time. I think I might have scared him or made him nervous. I think I was just as nervous. I know that I sound cocky, but now I am walking around with an arrogant air around me.

“I have to admit it, but I was not expecting that at all,” Ian explained while we all filled into the living room.

I grabbed Ian’s hand and walked with him and I heard “awe” from behind me, I knew that it was my mother. I just smiled and continued walking.

            As we sat, I noticed that Ian and I were sitting very close together. I did not mind this at all. My mother and father did the same on the other side of the living room. Now that I am actually looking and paying attention, my parents really are a beautiful couple.

            “Okay boys, I know that everything seems great, but I think that we need to have a talk,” my dad said while sitting closer to my mother. “Let me say that your mother and I are very happy for the both of you. Ian, it seems as though you are a great kid. Sorry, young man. I have no doubt that even though you have had a rough week and all; your parents did a fine job raising you. I like that you are respectful and courteous. Fine qualities for a man to have,” my dad finished while readjusting in his seat.

Then my mother started to speak. “I know that you two are happy and excited about starting your relationship, but there are other things that we want to talk to you about. Sex.”

            I raised my eyebrows and thought about saying something. However, I decided again it and remained silent. I looked over to Ian and noticed that he looked somewhat uncomfortable about the turn that the conversation was taking. I squeezed his and gave him a reassuring smile. I knew that my parents were going to be respectful and not go overboard.

            “I know that at the age that both of you are at, you have thought about sex, and that is okay. That is a completely normal thing to do. Nevertheless, I would like to say that we, your father and I, would prefer that you wait until you are ready. We are still going to allow the two of you to sleep in the same room, but we do not think it is a good idea to have sex right now,” my mother stated and looked at Ian and then me, then took a breath.

            “Sex is a very special thing that is supposed to bring two people together. You both are very special men, and we do not want to see you throw yourselves around as if you do not matter. We trust the two of you to do the right thing. If either of you feel like you need to talk to one or both of us, please feel free to. We will make all the time in the world for you that you need.”

            Then, my father began to speak again. “When you both decide that you think it is the right time, please do not be afraid to talk to us about it. We will respect your privacy and any other things that you wish, but we ask that you respect our wishes also,” my father pronounced while giving us a smile.