The Bathtub - [Pt.3 - FINAL PART]

Dustin got on the phone, to ask Mr. Clarke a question.

What could possibly be more awkward than calling our science teacher late at night on Saturday, to ask him how t build something?

The phone was ringing, when it picked it.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Clarke? It's Dustin."

"Dustin? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I just, I... I have a science question."

"It's ten o'clock on Saturday. Why don't we pick this up--"

"Do you know anything about sensory deprivation tanks? Specifically how to build one?"

"Sensory deprivation? What is this for?"

"...Fun,"

"Okay, well... Why don't we talk about it on Monday? After school, okay--"

"You always say we should never stop being curious. To open up any curiosity door we find."

"Dustin--"

"Why are you keeping this curiosity door locked?"

On the other end of the phone, Mr. Clarke let out a deep sigh and seemed dumbfounded.

-

"Uh-huh." Dustin said, writing stuff down. "Uh-huh. How much? Uh-huh. Yep, all right. Yeah, we'll be careful. Definitely. All right, Mr. Clarke. Yeah, I'll see you on Monday. I'll see you on Monday, Mr. Clarke. Bye," He said, hanging up. "Do you still have that kiddie pool we bobbed for apple in?" He asked Mrs. Byers.

"I think so, yeah."

"Yeah. Good, then we just need salt. Lots of it."

"How much is 'lots'?" The chief asked.

Dustin looked down onto his notepad. "1,500 pounds."

"Yup, okay." I said sarcastically, throwing myself backwards in my chair.

"Well, where are we gonna get that much salt?" Nancy asked.

-

Dustin and Lucas were setting up the kiddie pool in the gym.

Jonathan and Hopper were unloading the salt.

Mike and Nancy and I were setting up the water hose.

We were opening the door, which was locked.

Mike tried to pop it open with his shoulder, and groaned in pain instead.

"Stand back," Nancy said, holding a rock, and then jammed the lock on the door, which unlocked it. Mike had this look of astonishment on his face, which made me snicker.

"Whoa," Mike said.

We then walked in and got the hose and all.

We then walked out and Nancy started talking. "What did she even eat?"

"What?" Mike asked.

"Eleven."

"Oh. Candy, leftovers, Eggos... She really likes Eggos."

"I knew you were acting weird. I just... I thought it was because of Will."

"I knew you were acting weird too. I though it was 'cause of Steve."

There was a short silence between the two.

"Hey," She said, putting the wagon. "No more secrets, okay? From now on we tell each other everything."