Chapter Ten

What the heck happened to them? They look like they took some super powered steroids!

Billy. Billy happened to them.

A collective shudder went through the heroes as they watched The Light land with Billy. Billy struggled against the restraints, having broken free from the mind melting Martian Manhunter did to him.

"Billy, we are going to get you out of this mess, don't worry!" Tommy called out to his brother, death staring Slade. "Mom is working on a way to get to us."

"She will be too late, I'm afraid." Lex Luthor chuckled darkly, flying towards Superman with his fist pulled back to punch.

Superman wasn't fast enough to avoid the punch, getting hit directly in the face, sending him flying backwards into the group of heroes.

Did a jacked up Lex Luthor just punch Superman?!

Yes, he did, child. We must aid in the battle against The Light.

Wonder Woman whipped her lasso out, encircling Lex Luthor within its grasp. She pulled tight, restraining the villain.

"Wiccan, an assist would be nice." Lex called over his shoulder.

Billy tried to fight the serum Deathstroke injected in him, he really did, but he ultimately succumbed to its powers of suggestion. His eyes glowed bright blue as he called out a reality altering spell. "IwantLexLuthortooverpowerWonderWomanIwantLexLuthortooverpowerWonderWomanIwantLexLuthortooverpowerWonderWoman."

Billy screamed as white hot pain shot through his brain, feeling as if his skull was going to split in half. He writhed in agony against his restraints, wanting nothing more than to go to sleep or to take some pain killers.

"Billy!" Teddy screamed, morphing into his hulkling form. He roared with rage as he flew straight towards the one responsible for Billy's pain.

Deathstroke.

As Teddy got closer, however, he was yanked to a stop. Confused, the halfling looked around to see the source of his predicament. He saw that none other than Deathstroke was the source, his hand on the ground where a long shadow stretched out, connecting with Teddy's own and freezing it in place.

Guys, this Deathstroke dude can control shadows. Be careful.

And the big dude with the scar looks like the horrifying love child of Wolverine and Cyclops!

Is it just me or is Klarion missing a certain tabby colored cat?

Less chitty-chat, for fighty-fight!

Robin and Batman were busy trying to find a way to stop a teleporting Ra's Al Ghul from teleporting, coming up empty handed while Wally and Barry were speeding towards Deathstroke, intent on knocking him out so he would release his hold on the rest of the heroes.

Luckily, for them, they were moving too fast for Slade to get a hold of their shadows allowing Wally and Barry to deliver a double punch to the assassins face, knocking him out cold.

"Wiccan, wake Slade up!" Queen Bee called out from her position in battle with Kaldur and Kate.

Billy groaned, his head still splitting as he called out another spell. "DeathstrokeisconsciousDeathstrokeisconsciousDeathstrokeisconscious." Billy felt his vision double and his stomach heave with nausea as he watched in horror as Deathstroke woke up, attacking his friends and the Justice League with a vengeance.

Wait, guys, I have an idea!

Care to share, Robin?

Billy has to cast a spell to any command given to him, correct? Why don't we give him commands?

That is so simple, I could've thought of that!

Calm down, Tommy, don't give yourself too much credit.

"Billy! Depower the Light!" Tommy whispered to his brother as he sped past him, glad to see he was relatively unharmed.

Billy smirked through the pain, thinking up the perfect spell. "TheLightisbacktobaselineTheLightisbacktobaselineTheLightisbacktobaseline."

The Light watched in horror as their new powers and enhancements retracted and disappeared. Teekl, Klarion's familiar, walked out from a bush, brushing up against Klarion's leg. Vandal Savage's claws retracted back into his fingers and his eyes returned to normal as Queen Bee stopped shooting fire out of her hands and eyes. Lex Luthor's ability to fly failed him and he fell to the ground, his muscles returning to normal. Ra's Al Ghul tried to teleport, finding himself unable to.

Deathstroke glared at the young sorcerer, not having heard Tommy's hushed command to his twin. "Wiccan! We did not command you to depower us. Return our powers at once!"

"TheLi-"

"Billy, don't listen to him! Don't give them superpowers!" Cassie called out, yelping when Ra's came at her with a sword.

"Wiccan, you will only obey my command, understood?" Lex spoke calmly, eyes shooting daggers at Billy.

"IobeyonlyyourvoiceIobeyonlyyourvoiceIobeyonlyyourvoice."

Did you hear that? Billy gave himself an out!

How? He just pledged his undying allegiance to Lex Luthor of all people!

He said he only obeys his voice.

Batman made eye contact with M'gann, nodding at the young Martian to show he got her point.

M'gann, are you sure you can handle this?

Batman, please. I was doing stuff like this since I was two.

What are you guys talking about?

Do you need your uncle's help?

No, I can do this.

M'gann flew upwards, heading over the heroes and The Light to land next to the restrained Billy. The Light looked away from their battles for a millisecond to watch as M'gann transformed into Lex Luthor. M'gann, as Lex, undid the restraints on Billy and caught him as he collapsed.

"Wiccan, I command you to-" M'gann was cut off by the real Lex Luthor.

"Don't listen to that imposter. You will obey only me."

Billy's head began to spin even more.

"He is the imposter!" M'gann shouted, pointing at Lex. "Listen to me, I command you to send aw-"

"Do no such thing!"

Billy vomited, his whole body feeling as if he just got off the tilt-a-whirl at an amusement park.

J'ohn, shut Lex Luthor down.

Martian Manhunter psychically shut down Lex Luthor, smiling a bit as the evil billionaire fell to the dirt.

M'gann nodded her thanks, still disguised as Lex. She knelt next to Billy, speaking gently. "Wiccan, do what you want."

Billy's eyes began to glow blue as tears leaked out of them, mixing with the blood dripping from his nose. "I want...I want my mommy." A bright blue light exploded outwards from Billy, brighter and bigger than the one that brought the Young Avengers to this universe. Everyone present covered their eyes, their hair and clothes whipping backwards due to the force of the explosion.

When they uncovered their eyes they were shocked and confused to see a strange woman clad in red with an 'M' shaped helmet hugging both Billy and Tommy, fury in her glowing scarlet eyes.

"Now, boys, tell me who has been hurting you."