Just Keep Breathin

It's been 2 weeks since Christmas Eve. Peter and I have been hanging out more since then. I don't know why but everytime I'm with him I just feel safe, and warm inside. He's such a dork, and he dresses like one too. But I can't help it, he's just intoxicating, he makes me feel so special. Like that night on Christmas Eve, being in his arms is the safest I've ever felt, and arguably the best I've ever felt in a long time.

I might have a little crush on him, but he can't know that, not yet anyway. See I'm the type of person who thrives off of that cliche shit. I need it to be the right time, in the right place. People could say I'm picky, maybe, but I just know what I like I guess.

My life is so circled around the what if's. What if he doesn't like me back? What if he just cuddled me on Christmas Eve because he's just nice? What if I'm just not good enough? These thoughts race through my mind as I enter the front doors of Midtown High. Then I see him, Peter, standing by his locker talking to Ned. Yuck, my stomach did a little drop, like when you're on a fast ride, and it flings you up in the air to fast.

"Chance, hey!" He called as he pulled his locker shut.
I give a little nod whilst saying hello. He was wearing a checkered button up with a dark blue sweater jacket over it. His brown eyes find mine, he makes eye contact with me before I pull my gaze away, maybe a little to soon.

"So the decathlon is going on a trip to DC again for a contest, are you going? He asks.
"Ah, yeah I might, it's not like I have anything better to do, as long as we don't go on that tall thingy, I don't wanna die there like the other time they went. I wanna die by something like paranormal, oh my god like getting dragged down the stairs by my hair by a ghost, what an iconic way to die. Also I'm rambling a lot because I'm sleep deprived, can you tell? Feel free to shut me up" I spew out.
"Chance, shut up" Peter laughs

As the bell rings for lunch I get a text on my phone. It's from my mother. Oh god, no. She wants to meet up for Coffe after school. My scalp instantly starts to scorch, and so do my arms and my back. I have psoriasis you see, it flares up when I get anxious.

My mum and I don't have the best relationship, we don't really have a relationship at all. She's not exactly the type of person she once was. So I removed myself from that situation, and started living with my sister. Jesus, I'm so anxious. I start walking to the cafeteria, not aware of how fast I was walking.

My books and my phone practically slipping in and out of my hands because of how sweaty they were becoming. I reach the table where Ned , Mj and Peter sat and took a seat next to Peter. My eyes wide open and staring into nothingness. I start itching my arms because of how much they burned.
"Chance, Chance, hey are you alright?" I hear Peter say.

I look up at him, then as if an onion hit my face, tears start to swell up in my eyes. His face drops and he embraces me into a hug. My face hits his shoulder as I start to silently sob, my breathing becoming shorter and shorter. My hands and my legs shake uncontrollably and my scalp still scorches. Great, an anxiety attack. In the middle of the cafeteria, in front of Peter.

"It's okay, you're okay" I hear him mutter as he rubs my back, still holding me.
"Just keep breathing, deep breaths, breathe"
I follow his words and start to do so, taking deep breaths in and out, taking in his calming sent. It was a mix of men's cologne, mint, a little of whatever perfume his aunt uses and a hint of washing powder from his clothes. It's a weird mix, but I could get drunk off of it.

I start to feel better, the tears stop streaming from my eyes, and I pull away from Peter, staring into his eyes.
"Are you okay?"
"No, but I will be" I respond.
"Thank you Peter"