Bad Idea

The clouds move around me, swirling in the cold night sky. The stars twinkle and I'm thrown. Falling, falling deeper and deeper, getting closer to the ground with every flick of my strands of hair. The wind falls with me too, wrapping me in it's icy bliss.

I see something as I'm falling, it slithers into sight. A python, it outstretches it's jaw and lunges forward, doing so it's thrown with me, we're both falling now. It wraps around my whole body and squeezes me tight. Still falling we connect, I feel my bones leave my body and I am now the snake. My slitted eyes widen as I see the ground just inches from my face.

I shoot up, gasping for air and whimpering. I can't see anything, I'm sweating like crazy and it's pitch black. I'm still gasping for air when I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around me and a head fall into my neck.

"It's okay, you're okay, you're safe" I hear Peter whisper from my neck. He kisses it and reaches over to the desk. I hear a click sound then I see something flash to the door and all of a sudden the light comes on.

"See, there's nothing to be afraid of" I hear him say again. I see a web connected from Peters hand to the light switch. He takes the shooter of his arm and holds me.

"Sorry, it was just a nightmare" I shakily say as I try and catch my breath. I check my phone, it was 4:58am.
"Here let me get you some water" Peter says as he gets up and walks to the door
"Wait, let me come with you".

I get up from the bed too and walk outside with Peter. I hear a little thud and instantly grab his arm.
"I just bumped my foot it's okay" he says and turns the lights on. He grabs me a bottle of water from the fridge and hands it to me.

"Do you feel a little better" I hear him ask as I take a sip of the water.
"Yeah, now I do, it was so weird, I remember it so clearly, I was falling then a snake wrapped around me then I became the snake and I woke up before I hit the ground"
"That is weird" he replies

We walk back to the room, water still in my hand. I sit on Peters bed and he sits next to me.
"You should probably get some more sleep before school, I'll stay up and work on my shooters" he says to me as he picks up a pair of boxer shorts from the floor and puts them on.
"Yeah, wake me at 6:30" I say as I lay back down. I watch him work on his shooters for a while before dozing off.

"Hey, Chance it's 6:30" I wake up and see Peter face to face with me on the bed. I pull him into a cuddle.
"Five more minutes" I mutter
"Fine" he says as he pulls me closer to him. I burry my head in his chest and he kisses my head.

"Lets just skip school" I state, Peters warmth radiating to my body.
"That would be amazing, but we can't, the decathlon competition is on Thursday and we need to prepare"
"True, true" I say as I get up. I pull my toothbrush out of my backpack and head into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and walk back into Peter. He stands up and walks towards me.

"You got a little um" he takes his thumb and wipes the corner of my mouth.
"Oh" I stutter as I start to blush. I walk over to the bed and pull the white NASA hoodie over my shirt, I put on some ripped jeans and some white Reebok shoes.

Time skip hoes ;)
Peter and I walk into school, I see Ned and Mj.
"Is that Peters hoodie?" Mj asks me
"Yes it is, and I've got some tea to tell you in class" I reply
"Hey Chance what do you have first?" Peter asks as he pulls his locker shut.

"Dance, then we have 2nd period free because of the decathlon" I say as I pull my own locker shut. He walks me to the dance room. After dance I walk to the room where the meeting for the decathlon was taking place. I take my seat waiting for Peter when I see a rather tall, handsome dark haired boy walk through the doors. He was wearing a white collared shirt with a grey sweater pulled over it, similar to Peters style but more preppy.

"Ah, team listen up" I hear Mr Harrington say.
"As you know the competition is on Thursday and well we're a team member short, thanks Lucas. I'm pleased to announce the newest member of Midtown High's Science Academic Decathlon, River Barkley" He outstretches his arms and looks back at the team, giving us a look. I start to clap and so do the rest of them.

"Ah Peter is late so Mr Barkley go take a set next to Chance right there" Mr Harrington points to me and I give a warm smile. River sits down next to me.
"I would introduce myself but I guess Mr Harrington already did that" he looks up at me with a smile, his voice is rather deep and oh my god those dimples.

"Well I'm Chance, guess you already know that" I laugh as I hold out my hand and he shakes it.
"So what brought you to Midtown high?" I ask him.
"I don't know, I guess my family just wanted a fresh start" I look him up and down, the way his dimples stick out when he smiles is just irresistible. For the next 10 minutes he tells me about himself and I tell him about myself.

"Sorry I'm late Mr Harrington, I just had a-" Peter looks over to me and I smile, he looks taken aback.
"No problem Pete, Just take a set next to Michelle" I see him walk over and sit next to Mj, face pouted and giving River a dirty look. He's not jealous is he? I continue to talk to River for the rest of the meeting but in the back of my mind still rested the thought of Peter being jealous.

The bell rang signalling lunch.
"Hey River, if you have no where to sit you're more than welcome to sit with me" I tell him.
"Yeah, that would be perfect actually, thank you" him and I walk out to lunch together and sit at the table. Instead of sitting in my usual spot I sit up at the back of the table with him. I see Peter come into sight with Mj and Ned. River was telling me about how he knew mandarin when I see Peter shoot him another dirty look.

"Hey River, I'm sorry I just need a second, Peter, would you mind coming over to the other table with me for a minute?" I say as I get up and Peter follows me.

"What's up with the dirty looks you're giving river huh" I say sternly.
"I'm not giving him looks" Pete replies in a matter of fact tone.
"Listen, if you're a little jealous-" he opens his arms and his mouth to say something.
"I'm not done" I cut him off.

"What I was about to say is, if you are jealous, don't be. I just met River, and he's nothing compared to you. And I'm not just saying that because you're Spider-Man" I tell him as I bop my finger on his nose.

"I'm not jealous, I just really like you and I, Ugh I don't know"
"That's jealousy my darling" I laugh as I take his hand and stare into his eyes.
"Trust me, I like you and only you... dork"

Peter laughs and we walk back to the table. Why did It kind of turn me on seeing him being jealous like that?