Chapter 2 - Inevitable for us

"Oh my god, Paul! You made it!" She ran towards him, as fast as her bad leg could carry her, "We made it!" She hugged him and he put his arms around her.

"Emma, I'm sorry..." he started to sing. Why was he singing? Was this some sort of joke? Emma was scared. "You lost..."

Emma released him, "Paul?"

"Emma, I'm sorry, you lost your way."

Deep down she knew he was infected, but she refused to believe it, "Paul, you're scaring me..."

Paul grabbed her and started to dance, "What if I told you I made it, and this is the life that I chose?"

He held Emma's wrist really tight, Emma tried to get away. "Would you even believe it, Emma?" He pulled her wrist, so she stood in front of him. "Do you believe in ghosts?"

He grabbed her shoulders; she was stiff with fear. Paul held her shoulders and moved her around. "What if I told you a story? That settled all the dust?" He turned her around, "I'm still the man you trust."

While he sang that sentence, Emma started to think about it, shed only known him for two weeks, but she really started to trust him. He walked through the hallway of the hospital with her. "Its inevitable for us."

Emma finally realized that she was no longer safe here. "No! Get away from me! Youre not Paul, youre one of them!" she cried.

Paul let her go and ran towards a door, "Before, I had no ambition, but now my life is a song."

Professor Hidgens, her former biology teacher, appeared in the doorway. Paul leaned with his arm on his shoulder.

"Don't you want to see me happy?" he sang, while he and professor Hidgens danced towards Emma. Emma turned around, but the nurse stood behind her, Emma screamed. "Is it so tragically wrong?" Paul grabbed her shoulders again. "What if the only choice is." He released her. "You have to sing to survive? We must go on with the show."

He turned her around, Emma saw that Bill and someone she didnt know were there too, and Ted, gosh, she wanted to punch him in the face so bad, after everything he did to her and Paul.

"It's inevitable..." Paul and the nurse sang together. "To know what I want now." Paul looked into the distance.

"Know what you want now." the other aliens echoed.

"Emma, I want you, to join the party." Paul and all the other infected pointed at her. "Aren't you going to tip me?"

"Get your cup of coffee."

Emma saw her former boss, Nora, enter the building. All the aliens walked through the hallway. Paul looked at her, "Look at the fun were having already."

The aliens gathered around him, "What?"

Emma tried to run away as fast as she could, but after a few seconds she was in the same room as before. She saw the aliens again, "Put your words to lyrics and youre playing the game now."

"Its just a fucking loop?!" Emma shouted. She tried to run away again.

The aliens kept singing, "It's all there is and all there ever was." The infected turned towards her, "Emma!" They shouted her name and it scared Emma so much she turned back around.

Paul stared at her, "Let me puke in your mouth, Em." Ted was smirking behind him, which made her want to beat him even more. "Just open your food bin, girl. And you can join the hive. Then show me your..."

Emma started to cry, she was scared, alone, and injured. There was no way shed get away before the infected caught her. "Hands! Show me those jazz hands! Get them up or you're shit outta luck!"

Emma tried to ask another patient for help, but he didnt react. "Show me your hands! Show me those jazz hands! Or I might be inclined..."

The music changed, Ted and Bill marched towards Emma and they both grabbed one of her arms. Emma screamed, she heard that Paul was still singing, but she was so scared that she didnt even hear what he was singing anymore. "No! NO!" she cried, while Ted and Bill dragged her to the other aliens.

The lights in the hospital suddenly changed from white to multiple colors, "Show-stopping number! With Emma front and center! A kick line is inevitable!" Paul danced towards her; Emma screamed.

The infected started to walk around her, her former biology professor grabbed her shoulders while he was walking, but he released her pretty soon. "What if I told you a story. How the world became peaceful and just?" everyone sang, even a lot of patients and doctors had joined in. "It was inevitable. Inevitable. Inevitable..."

Emma fell on the floor and the aliens bowed over her, she tried to crawl away. "The apotheosis is upon-" Paul shouted. The other aliens joined in, "Us!" Emma surrendered as the aliens leaned over her.