Chapter 11

"I don't like this plan." I said as Roxy and I crept towards the warehouse in the middle of the woods.

   She just ignored me, clicking on her earpiece. "You with me, Ames?"

   "We're here and listening. If anything goes wrong in there, we'll know it." He replied.

   "Copy that, we're making our way in." She replied, stopping in front of the door.

   "You ready?" She asked.

   "No." I replied, pulling my pistol from its holster.

   She did the same before planting a quick kiss on my lips. "We're almost done." Then, she kicked the door in and slowly walked through, sweeping her gun in all directions.

   I followed her, matching her movements. "It's too quiet, I don't like this."

   Then, we heard footsteps.

   We turned to see Ruby making her way out of the shadows.

   She smiled at me. "My flower lives."

   I stood tall, holstering my pistol. "You go on, I can handle this."

   Roxy nodded, planting another quick kiss on my lips before making her way further into the dimly lit building.

   I faced Ruby again, she had a smirk on her red lips.

   "Nice to see you again." I said.

   She winked. "Too bad this will be the last time."

   She slowly dropped back into a martial arts pose.

   I brought my fists up.

   We slowly circled each other, neither one wanting to make the first move.

   'Screw it.' I though before throwing a punch in her direction.

   She grabbed my arm and dropped down onto her back, planting her feet in my stomach and launching me over her. I landed hard on the concrete floor behind her.

   I slowly got back to my feet with a groan. "Alright, that hurt."

   She just giggled, challenging me with a look.

   I brought my fists back up, slowly stalking in once again.

   This time, she surprised me by dropping into a low, sweeping kick to the back of my legs.

   I landed hard once again, but got back to my feet a little quicker this time, the adrenaline already pumping through every vein in my body.

   I danced around on my feet, my boxing lessons taking over.

   "C'mon, surely you can do better than that." I challenged.

   She smiled before stepping forward, aiming a fist directly at my face.

   I was able to dodge her attack this time, catching her with a hard jab of my own.

   She staggered back, wiping the blood from her lip. "Good, but I know you can do better."

   "Why don't you come over here and find out?" I replied.

   She moved in and I took my spot to send another jab at her, but she caught my arm again, spinning around to plant an elbow into my nose.

   I backed up slowly, clutching my nose.

   She didn't give me time to recover, planting her foot in my chest, sending me crashing back onto the floor.