Chapter 6

It had been about a week and a half since the camp out had taken place, or rather more, since your first kiss with Benny. It was weird after. The next morning you both were entangled together, clinging to each other for dear life. It was definitely an awkward situation to get out of, but afterwards you never talked about it again. The whole kiss thing wasn't really mentioned either.

You just kinda went back to the way you both were before. You figured that kiss wouldn't have really meant anything. At least for him. He just wanted to try it out, and he did, and then that was it.

Still every night before you went to bed hence fourth, you recalled the feeling of his warmth, how it felt when you both were connected so intimately.

You would wake up with a feeling of bliss after nights full of sweet dreams. Usually of Benny. Then you'd get up and get ready to go and play ball. You would play for several hours everyday, and then go back home and restart the process. Everyday was just the same, like clock work.

Of course that was about to change on this particular day. You had to cancel playing with Benny and the others because your Mom invited you to go out to lunch with Mikey. You would much rather have spent time in the sandlot, but your mom said it was important that you come with her, so you did what you had to.

You prayed to God above that you wouldn't have to wear anything pretty, but your prayers went unanswered as your mom came in your room with a sun dress in her hands. You begged and pleaded with her but to no avail.

You groaned and whined, throwing yourself back in your bed. When your mom left the room, you started to get ready, pulling on the dress and tying up your hair like she instructed you to. She had said something about being 'presentable' and not as she so kindly put it, 'homeless'.

You gave yourself a once over in the mirror, deciding you looked like an idiot, and then pulled on PF flyers. She might have been able to put you in a dress, but she could not take away your favorite shoes. Nope. Not gonna happen.

You came on into the living room, where your mom and Mikey were standing, having a little chat.

Mikey's eyes widened considerably when he first saw you, and you weren't really sure why. Oh wait, yes you were. You actually looked like a girl this time around.

"Ellis, you remember Mikey, he has been so kind as to invite you along for our lunch outing." She wrapped a gentle arm around your shoulders, looking down and noticing the shoes you decided to wear.

"I thought I told you to wear those shoes I gave you." She whispered through gritted teeth into your ear.

"Well, it certainly is nice to meet you again, Ellis." Mikey reached out to shake your hand. You took it hesitantly before shaking quickly and dropping your Hand to your side.

He smiled a weird smile and even winked at you while your mom was distracted, making you feel really uneasy. You gave him a fake smile, knowing your mom was wanting you on your best behavior today.

"Alrighty, well then. We should be getting to the restaurant, our reservation is soon." Your mom was starting to practically shove the both of you out the door.

-

The restaurant was fun and all, a little too fancy for your taste though, you definitely preferred a place where you could get a good burger and milkshake.

The service was pretty good, but it's not like you were exactly paying attention to any of that stuff. You were keeping a close eye on Mikey, making sure he didn't do anything you didn't like. He kept giving you weird stares, like he was trying to communicate something to you or something.