Chapter 32

You went home later that night, trying to gather the words and the courage to tell your mom about your little secret. She had to know, especially since you hadn't been careful the first time around. You didn't even remember that you'd invited Benny over to your house later that night, and you would have to bring it up to him too when he came.

You opened the door, walking through and shutting it lazily before kicking your shoes off and hanging your hat on the rack by the door. You walked through a few of the boxes that you'd yet to unpack, before seeing your mom sitting at the breakfast bar in the kitchen. She was focused on one of her magazines, and you almost backed down from telling her, but you shrugged it off, going to sit next to her on the other stool.

"Hey mom, I uh..... Could we talk?" You asked nervously. She seemed to be intrigued by your tone... normally you were never nervous to talk to her about things.

"Sure thing, sweetheart." She set down her magazine, giving you her full undivided attention. You'd hoped she might take this well, but you never know, she could totally flip out.

"Well.... I don't want you to get upset, but this is something you have to know... or at least I think it is." You mumbled under your breath through the last part. You were growing more anxious with every second and you needed to just blurt it out. "Just promise you won't freak out..."

"I can't promise that, I don't know what it is yet." She told you. Well so much for having a calm conversation... now you were really scared.

"Just try not to..." You took a deep breath in, trying to unscramble your words before you spat them out. "I had sex with Benny."

Your mother's face wasn't an upset one, just a shocked, slightly fearful one.

"You what?"

"Look, I know you probably think I'm too young and everything, but I really needed to tell you because Aaliyah said you could help me get on birth control." You sped out. She looked over out the window and at Benny's house, before turning back to you.

"Does his mother know about this?" She asked. Honestly you really hoped she didn't

"Not as far as I know." You replied. Your eyes were now making it their job to look anywhere but your moms eyes, in fear of how scared you might get if you looked directly at her.

"How long has this been going on?" She didn't look mad, but she certainly looked surprised. You and Benny had always had the purest relationship. So innocent and sweet and never getting down to the dirty business.

"We only did it once, but..."

"But you want to do it again? Why else would you want to go on birth control?" She crossed her arms and her legs, beginning to get a sense for all this nonsense.

"Well yeah. Mom I'm not a baby anymore, and I love Benny.... And he loves me. More than anything." You said, trying to defend your situation. She started to soften her eyes as you finally looked into them.

"Okay." She said, nodding in response to your last statement.

"Okay?" You were surprised as to how fast she gave in, but you weren't complaining.

"Okay. I'll get you into the doctor tomorrow morning and we'll ask about it." She said. She reached over and put her hand on your shoulder, making you look up at her. "I don't want you to be scared to talk to me about this stuff. I'm glad you told me."

"Thanks mom." You said, getting up off the chair and walking to your room. You were glad you would be able to talk about this with your mom, especially since before you didn't know you could trust her. Now you could.