Chapter 19

WARNING: TRIGGERING CONTENT AHEAD, DO NOT READ IF THIS MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE!!!

All week, you'd been practically on cloud nine. You couldn't stop thinking about the upcoming Friday night. Ever since the night of the wedding, the night you'd made your special plans, you couldn't keep a smile off your face. It got to the point that when you went to play ball with the boys after school, they would make fun of you for being so giddy.

"Hey Elzwerner, what you so happy about, huh?" Bertram was the first to mock your wide smile, even though you forgot you were still smiling.

"First of all, mind your own beeswax, second.... I thought I told you guys to never call me Elzwerner." You glared at him, then shifting your glance to the others who were snickering behind him.

"Why do I get the feeling you guys call me that when I'm not around." You crossed your arms in front of your chest as you looked back amongst the boys. They were all trying not to laugh under your hard stares, but they couldn't help themselves.

"Ham started it." Kenny pointed over at ham, which resulted in everyone else also pointing at him to put the blame on. Ham looked insulted by his friends by the way they just ratted him out.

"Thanks a lot, guys. He would have never found out if you hadn't run your fat mouths." Ham shouted back at them in retaliation. You just rolled your eyes and went back to your position.

As for the last five minutes you guys had just been standing around, waiting for Benny. You'd seen him earlier at school, but after your classes were over, he went home, and you went straight to the sandlot. You didn't know what was taking him so long, but you were getting kind of tired of waiting on him all this time.

"Where could he possibly be, and what could he possibly be doing?" You threw your hands up in the air and huffed.

"Maybe he's with his girlfriend." Squints piped up from behind everyone, making you whip your head around and look at him with a confused face.

"His what?" You were almost in shock at Squints last words, and couldn't figure out what the heck he could have meant.

"His girlfriend. Hasn't he told you about her?"

You shook your head no and raised your eyebrows at him. What the heck was he talking about? Had Benny told them he had a girlfriend?

"He says he met her a while back, but we just didn't know about it. Her name is Elle apparently. He talks about her a lot I'm surprised you haven't heard of her."

You silently smiled to yourself. He wanted so badly to talk about you in front of the others, that he came up with a whole nother name. Elle.

"What has he said about this Elle girl, huh?" You were starting to get curious over the whole situation, and thought it might be fun to mess around some. Of course, though everyone went on about this other girl, you and Ham knew better, and it was kind of funny that none of them had any idea that there was no Elle, just you.

"Well, he certainly talks about her like she's the prettiest girl in the world." Timmy chided in, followed by his little brother who just repeated him.

"Yeah yeah, he gets all mushy and says stuff about how he's gonna marry her someday, it's pretty gross." Yeah yeah said. Maybe to them it sounded gross, but to you, it was really sweet. Benny wanted everyone to know how much he loved you, even if they couldn't really know who you were.

You were almost blushing and had to put your head down as to not confuse the boys with your rosie cheek state.

"Hey Benny, man!" Ham shouted, watching as Benny strode up into the field with his glove and hat tucked into his belt.