Nine

I froze. What was I supposed to do? He knew who I was. But the look on his face made me feel less worried. He seemed like he couldn't care less who I was. I was about to try to talk, but he beat me to it.

"Relax, dude. As long as you're not trying to murder me, I don't really give a shit." He said with a shrug. I narrowed my eyes in confusion. Why was he so okay with this? It was like the Nessa situation all over again. I wondered if he had a room filled with photos of me, too. Justin walked over and sat on the couch, patting the place beside him. I awkwardly shuffled over and took a seat.

"So...are you gonna interview me?" I asked. He draped his arm over the back of the couch and shook his head nonchalantly.

"I don't see the point. I mean, I'm not gonna deny a murderer--"

"I'm not a murderer. Anymore." I snapped, but he didn't seem fazed. He barely even blinked.

"Anymore? Why?" He asked. It seemed like everything was casual to him. Like nothing was past his standards of normal. I shifted uncomfortably. I didn't want to explain this to him, but I probably should.

"Well, if you know who I am, then you know I was admitted to Radley--"

"Isn't that the loony bin?" He interrupted. I stared at him blankly before nodding.

"Yeah, whatever. Anyway, I escaped and changed my look the best I could and came here. I've been staying with a friend, but I don't want to overstay my welcome. So that's why I'm here." I said. Justin looked intrigued.

"But you didn't say why you stopped murdering." He pointed out. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I don't know why. I just don't want to be that person anymore." I said firmly with a hint of annoyance. He nodded in what I assumed to be understanding, although I got the feeling that he didn't really understand at all.

"Well I don't care if you live here. We can start moving your stuff in tomorrow. Wanna crash here tonight? I'll give you a little tour," He said, standing up from the couch. I questioned whether I should or not because I felt like it would be wrong to just leave Vic not knowing where I am. But then again, he's mad. Maybe I'll just give him the night to cool off.

"Yeah, I'll stay." I said finally, standing up with him. He gave me a thumbs up before leading me through the entire apartment. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't small. It was just right for two people, really. And as long as I had my own room, I didn't mind. He showed me what would be my room next.

I didn't try to make small talk with Justin, because I was honestly just too tired to contribute to any conversation at all. We'd have to get up around nine tomorrow to get my things. It wont take long, because I only have clothes, but I need the extra time to get ready for work. For other people, it might have been awkward staying with someone that you just met, but to me it didn't really matter. I was too exhausted to care, really.

I walked over to the bed and ran my hand along the soft, blue quilt. I pulled it back, crawling under in the process. I turned the lamp out and lay there in the dark. A million things were bothering me. The main thing being Vic, but having to sleep in skinny jeans was a close second. I never liked sleeping in just boxers though.

It never made sense to me how you only think about things a little bit when you actually want to think about them, but when you lay down to go to sleep, it doesn't leave you alone. I sighed and rolled over onto my other side, hoping that it would help me fall asleep a little faster. Besides Vic, I thought about Justin. I didn't know whether or not to trust him, but I didn't have many options right now. I need to just focus my attention on changing myself.