Chapter 8

AN : I feel that I must warn you readers beforehand. This chapter is extra long and I hope you enjoy it. However, the third part is not for those who cannot tolerate mature content. And I am not speaking about fluffy love making here. More like an act of hate and violence.

I'm sorry, but it was a necessary part of the story intended for character development. So if you feel that you would not be able to stand it, please turn away before the third part. I will also put a warning right before the part so don't be afraid of reading it by accident.

Let me also state here that in no way do I support violence, nor do I enjoy reading or writing about it, which is why it was so hard for me to write and took a helluva lot of time and countless writer's block moments and multiple deletes and edits.

So please,
Forgive me if I haven't done justice to it. It's my first time and it really made me sick. I wonder how other writers do it. I marvel at them.

Do turn away when the warning appears.
Okay?

But till then....
Enjoy our darling couple's story...

Onwards then....

▪•▪•▪•▪•▪

The door lock made a loud noise as Kit turned it abruptly, making no effort to maintain the quiet. He strode in, then turned to shut it with an audible click, making the male nurse in the room jump.

"Please keep the noise to a mini....Oh, Dr.Kit...it's you."

"Pardon me, P'Lane." He said, his voice a little snappy. He tried to calm himself as he strode over to Ming. "How is he?"

"The same." P'Lane said. "You don't look the same though." He frowned up at him, his hands still busy fussing over the patient in the bed. "In one of your bad tempers I see. What has happened?"

"Some stupid jackass's actions are making me reach the limit to my patience." He growled, making Nurse Lane shush at him.

"You could at least curb your volume!" He hissed. He made a few adjustments on one of the machines. "His glucose level was a little down but I've adjusted it. No complications. It's still early, but the head wound is healing nicely. I just changed the bandages a few minutes earlier. Blood pressure normal..."

Nurse Lane continued to give the updates till the report was complete, but peered up at him, noting the lack of response. Hmm... angry under that calm facade. He huffed. "Are you done with your surgeries, sir?"

Kit nodded, sparing a glare at the sleeping man. "I have three hours before my rounds. I can stay with him if you want to go and have your lunch."

Nurse Lane looked at him for a moment, opening his mouth, then changed his mind. "Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes." He said. Sitting on the chair beside the bed.

"As you wish". Said Lane, turning to leave.

"P'Lane...."

Lane stopped and looked back. "Yes, Dr.Kit?"

Kit did not speak at once. He tried to calm his agitation by taking deep breaths before trying to speak.

Nurse Lane watched him open and close his mouth three or four times and waited patiently. Dr.Kit was bothered. A lot. To say the least. Lane had seldom seen him like this. The closest likeness he could draw was Kit's nerves breaking down when he had lost a patient for the first time in his life. The sense of helplessness and unworthiness had driven him to self loathing. Lane had been there to witness it. And so he waited, patiently, for Kit to speak.