Chapter 6

"Here you go Khun Sakda."

"Thank you Dr.Kit." The patient accepted the prescription gratefully, smiling at the doctor. "I am truly lucky to have you as my doctor."

The doctor bowed his head, acknowledging the thanks. "It was my duty. But the treatment doesn't end here. You have to continue with the proper care at home. You need not stay in bed all the time though. The best way to regain your normal activities at home is to use a slow, progressive plan. Over time you should be able to do routine household tasks, take part in recreational activity, and return to work."

"I will do as you say. It's a miracle that I can return to my normal life so soon."

"Don't be too hasty though." Kit warned. "You have to balance your activity with rest times. Your body may give you signals that show you need to rest. Watch out for any shortness of breath, fatigue dizziness or pain. You have to contact the hospital immediately if you feel anything wrong."

"I am more grateful for your kindness than I can ever express. You brought me back from death's door." Khun Sakda smiled. "I have a lot to do yet. Most for my grand daughter Nok here. She's going to look after me."

He gestured to the pretty girl sitting beside him who nodded and beamed a warm smile towards Dr.Kit.

"You can depend on me to take proper care of grandpa, Dr.Kit." Nok said sweetly. "I hope you will guide me whenever I need help." She leaned forward, her eyes fixed on the doctor, oblivious to the two other persons who were also present in the room.

"You will, won't you kha?" She said warmly, grasping Kit's hand in hers as she bent over the desk a little more than was necessary, causing her tight fitting low cut dress to convey the intended warm invitation.

Fern rolled her eyes and made a gagging motion towards Dr.Kay who gave a tiny shrug, shaking his head a little in mild amusement. She kept her eyes on the girl, anticipating her reaction as Dr.Kit pulled his hand out of her grasp and sat up straight, a mild expression of disgust crossing his features.

"Hah !" She exclaimed under her breath, enjoying the grand daughter's slightly fallen face.

"Nok wouldn't stop singing your praises ever since you performed my surgery. She has been wanting to convey her thanks to you personally. She loves me so much."

"As I said, it was my duty. No thanks is needed." Kit said, his face devoid of any expression.

"But I want to!" trilled the girl, leaning forward towards him once more, displaying a generous amount of cleavage, "Dr.Kit, may I invite you to have dinner with us this evening at our house? We are having a bit of a celebration for grandpa, for getting discharged from the hospital. We sooo want you there to have a feast with us..."

"She means she wants him there to feast on him." Fern whispered viciously to Kay who pressed his lips together, holding in laughter.

The girl kept her eyes fixed on Kit, fluttering her long lashes suggestively, completely unaware of the little drama taking place behind her. Dr.Kay was thoroughly enjoying the act put up by Nok which was eliciting a delightful expression of complete dislike on Fern's face. The intern's hostile glare was strong enough to roast the unsuspecting grand daughter. Perks of my daily profession, Kay thought, keeping his grin fully suppressed under a wooden face.

"I'm afraid I must refuse your generous invitation Miss Nok. I have a lot of patients here and I myself haven't been well lately. I intend to use what little time I can get to recuperate myself." Dr.Kit said firmly.

"Forgive me for not being able to be a part of the celebration. But be assured that I am just as happy for your grandfather as you are." He continued, "My best wishes for your grandfather. " He inclined his head once more.