CHAPTER 5: VISIT

Thank fuck I'm back at work. Although the sling is annoying. I guess I'll just have to take ages to do anything on the computer.

Bill is pretty happy I'm back. I guess because I'm one of the few people here who understand computers. I should build a computer again it's been a while. Ash has been bugging me to game with him again too.

"You're back already Murray?" Miller asked me as I shoved an inhaler in the unlocked drawer of my desk.

"I got bored after catching up on all the TV shows I watch. Including the US ones." I replied.

"Is that a new suit? It looks nice." She complimented.

"I needed some new ones." I said trying to log in to my computer.

The phone on my desk rang. "DS Finnegan Murray." I said.

"Oh good, you're back in. There's this older gentleman who's been coming in every day for the past week asking for you." The receptionist said.

"What's his name?" I asked. Who would be trying to find me in Broadchurch of all places?

"Says you know who." They replied. I could hear the older Irish man's voice in the background.

I sighed. "On my way down."

I stared at my grandfather. "I thought you said you never wanted to see me again after Dad." I said to him leading him out the front door.

"God good lad what happened to your shoulder now." He asked ignoring my question.

"Nothing new. Got infected." I said.

"Is that why you've been skipping work? This isn't like you! You and your Father had to be forced to not work." He said.

"I had surgery. Hardy and Miller wouldn't let me come back until now." I complained.

"Who are they? Better not be like your old boyfriend Ashton." He said.

I hushed him "Pop, please! No one knows I'm gay here."

"Really? You used to never shut up about all that pride stuff." Pop commented.

"Pop come on you knew Mom and Dad were Bi. You know not to out me to people." I hissed. "Anyway, why are you here." I asked.

"Do I need a reason to visit my only grandchild?" He asked.

"Well Pop after you basically disowned me yes you do." I said.

"MI6 kept calling me saying they don't know your new address." He said.

"You could've called me about that." I said.

"No! I need to know you aren't getting mixed up with them. Quinn never should've joined up." Pop protested.

I sighed. "Me being a DS in Broadchurch should make it pretty clear that I'm not joining them."

"Your Father said the same thing when he was a DS back here." He said.

"Dad used to work here?" I asked.

"Why do you think he went on holiday here every chance he could. I never understood it. Only lived here for about a year. Can't believe he never mentioned that. Probably still owned that old shack when he died." Pop rambled.

"I never saw that in his will." I said.

"You definitely don't have the whole thing then. He would've died before selling that place." He said.

"We always stayed at a hotel when he brought me here as a kid. Do you know the address?" I asked.

"I'll give it to ya if you give me your new address. Don't want MI6 knocking down my door over in Cork." Pop said.