Chapter 22: Sobs and Pleas

Amelia's POV:

I begged my father to listen to me for days on end, but much to no avail. He had his mind set on ignoring me, according to mom's words: he was unable to meet my eyes. I cried too, for endless days.

I felt my life being ripped at the seams, having lost the only people I cared about in a flash of a moment. I was sure my father was bound to forgive me, but the longer his silent treatment stretched on for, the lesser my appetite became and the blearier my life became too.

I was due to leave for Pennsylvania in less than 2 weeks; I had my speakers connected with some soft music playing in the background as I sorted through my clothes. I didn't think packing before I leave would be this glum, sitting alone, legs crossed, my room a mess, but no matter how messy it was, it couldn't compare to the mess that was my life. My mother was disappointed in me too. She said she isn't taking sides, perhaps she understood what love was and how it blinded us from logic and rationality, but deep down, she was disappointed. I couldn't blame her, nor could I blame dad; I can tell that he misses him - Damien, their almost daily meet ups suddenly vanished through thin air, and he didn't have a hand in controlling it; the only time he spoke to me, he said his only mistake was trusting me too much, and it hurt - an awful lot.

I knew I couldn't change his set mind completely, but perhaps if he even spared me a few seconds to speak, I could influence it even the slightest bit.

Damien - too - was a mystery to me. I haven't seen him since that day at the hospital. My face tends to turn a deep shade of red whenever I remember how depraved for him I was, and how I completely forgot his friend's presence in the room.

His friend called us out when we lost ourselves too much; I was shocked, flew off Damien completely to tumble on the floor. Damien laughed at me, his eyes gaining their mischievous glint; a glint I've missed.

David, according to his own boastful words, was one of the best lawyers in the US. I didn't believe him at first, but after he told me about some of the toughest cases he won, I felt a little hopeful that he could untangle Damien out of my mess.

He and Damien even told me about why he was in Seattle. My heart breaks slightly whenever I recall the saddened look in Damien's eyes, and I feel a sense of guilt towards him, perhaps because I was the one suppose to alleviate his pain, not add to it the way I had. I hugged him at the time, kissed his cheek softly and murmured a sweet 'I love you.' I didn't know what else to do, but he seemed awfully content with the small portrayal of affection, but that was it - that was my last portrayal of affection before David hurled it our way that was shouldn't be seen together until the case gets officially sealed.

He asked me if I was a virgin, and I blushed madly, burying myself into Damien's hold for two reasons; the first being an extreme sense of embarrassment, and the other being my desire to hold onto every moment of being in his embrace because deep down I knew that perhaps I wouldn't have this luxury again any time soon.

He chuckled, his chest rumbling against me, as he ran his skilled hands through my hair the way he always does, "yes." He replied, "she's my sweet innocent girl." I didn't know what it was, but somehow those words sent a foreign heat through my body, perhaps even remembering them now, makes me blush profusely with my breath hitched.

I didn't interject much into the conversation, and neither did they involve me. I wanted the moment of being in his hold to last until the end of time. I heard their conversation silently, feeling slightly more comfortable because David really did seem confident of winning the case, and a part of me believed that if he was able to successfully get Damien out of a practice malfunction case, he could get him out of this one too.