Feelings

Her parents stayed over for a week, until their next game. They didn't want to go back home to hear everyone gossiping. It's been bad but they were seeing how happy their daughter was so they were happy too. Her sister, Leyla, kept calling, informing them about the news from the neighborhood and declaring that she will move in with her by next month.

When Sanem wasn't with them or in her rehearsal she was with Can. She kept trying to get out of him what her father said but with no luck. He kept changing the subject in numerous ways. She could swear she could turn him into her sex slave if she kept asking, since his first reaction was to kiss her, knowing it distracts her.

She gave up the night before the game, deciding to change her method after the game. Thanks to Metin the magazines stopped publishing their pictures. They dodged the bullet, for now at least. Neither her squad nor his said anything about the photos. The girls hugged Sanem and told her they will be there for her no matter what. Can didn't mention a thing to the team, the next day of the publication, when they had practice. He was his usual self so everyone acted normal. Except Metin and Akif who knew all about it.

Game night is here again, in their court. Sanem tried to keep a low profile after their performance but she is certain that they took the pictures they wanted. Can had requested, in an attempt to protect her, that only sport news photographers can be present but people had phones with cameras.

He's trying to get his head in the game but something felt off. After the first period they were behind in the score. His coach tried to pull him together but when he saw it didn't really work he brought out the big guns, Sanem.

"Hey..." she says softly after closing the lockers room door. "May I join you in your man brooding?" He laughs a little and he moves so she can sit next to him on the bench.

"I can't let go of the fact that they can use everything against you... that's why I'm not in my best shape."

"You don't say Sherlock!! Like I needed to be a genius to understand that." She shakes her head in disbelief "I'm not a child who can't protect herself ok? I'm a grown ass woman who can deal with her problems. Yes I freaked out when it first happened but I refuse to let him and them to rule my life. He already took enough things from me, I won't let him spoil what we have. Let them know, let them speak only we know the truth of what's really happening. They don't know us, so why should we pay attention to what they are saying about us huh?" she cups his cheeks with her hand and he smiles.

She kisses his dimple and takes his hand in hers "What I feel for you won't change no matter what they write, no matter what they'll say but if seen it happening before. It's a long story and we don't have time right now but this bloodsuckers have ruined my life once, I don't want this to happen again." He said this with so much honesty in his voice, with such a raw emotion that she got curious of what happened but she put a pin on it. "In that case you own me this after of course you tell me what my father said to you."

"You still haven't let that go..." he sighs in exasperation.

"And I never will. Now get that gorgeous ass of yours up and let's go to win this thing."

He was still a bit disorientated but after their talk he seemed more energetic. By the third period he was back to his old, arrogant self. One time he even managed to score a three point shot as he was looking at her. She kept cheering his name, making sure he knew she was there for him. They won. The score difference wasn't that big but they won, that was enough for today. At the end of the game his coach hugged her and thanked her, leaving the rest of them speechless.

They are driving back home after leaving her parents at the airport. They are sitting silent, listening to some song when she broke "We have time now... You can tell me all about that previous relationship of yours..."