Just the three of us

They wake up that morning together and calm. After their video chat with her father, Sanem seemed better although she still had that nauseating feeling in her stomach.

"You know you can skip class right?" Can asks as he sets up their breakfast.

"I do but I don't want to. I'll feel better if I'm around people." She says and she brings out her gym bag. "What time it's your interview?" She takes a bite of her toast carefully.

"I'll drop you off and then head to the school. I'll feel better if I'm there earlier." He's nervous and she can tell. She stands up and wraps her arms around his waist. She's kissing his shoulder reassuringly.

"You'll do perfect. I believe in you. Although after that I'll have to worry about the mothers of the children who suddenly would want to know how their kids are doing in gym class." He laughs and kisses her hand.

"First I have to take the job. And then..." his phone rings and he goes inside to talk whispering "it's from the school"

She keeps eating, testing her stomach's ability to digest. After five minutes Can joins her. She says something but her mouth is so full that he barely understands a thing.

"I said why they called you." Sanem says and takes a sip from her juice.

"Some additional papers. I see you got your appetite back." Can says and smiles fondly.

"Once I started I couldn't stop. Let's go before I eat you as well."

When he drops her off she's fine so he concentrates on his interview. Sanem really feels fine. Her energy is high and she decides to try something new with her students today.

Can is at the office hall which is empty since its Saturday and waits for the principle.

"Mr. Divit welcome," A middle aged man says and offers him his hand. "I'm Mehmet, the principle of the school."

"In that case please call me Can, It would make me feel better." Can says after the handshake.

"Very well. We will talk in my office. Students may not be around but some teachers are. We are a private school and some weekends we are here to organize the schedule, grade tests... I'll tell everything there is to know."

Sanem all this time dances around like a little butterfly. She's happy that she's around her kids, how the stone on her finger reflects every time a source of light hits it. She does a spin to demonstrate it when everything goes black and she faints. The last thing she remembers is the kids calling her name and then nothing.   

An hour later Can has sighed all the documents and now he talks about paychecks and vacation time. The schedule was normal and reasonable and one weekend per month the whole team of the teachers would gather to fix the classes and the details of the following month. Everything is well organized like a good oiled machine and Can loved that.