Chapter 29: Trouble

*Ariana's POV*

"Sounds good." I said and took off my headphones.

These past few months I was back on tour, away from Justin. It was probably the hardest thing I've had to do, since he couldn't come with me. He's been focusing on his career as well.

I'm so glad I'm back now. If I had to be away from Justin any longer, I would've had an emotional break down.

It's like our hearts are attached or something. The further away we are from each other, the more we yearn to be close again.

"Your new album has been coming along good Ariana, I think your fans will love it." My music producer said, snapping me back into reality.

"Thank you, I hope so. I've put a lot of thought, time, and love into it." I said.

*Justin's POV*

These past few months without Ariana were hell. It was hard for me to spend two hours without her before, so when she went on tour it was absolute torture.

I sigh happily at the fact that she's done, now I just wait impatiently for her to come back home from the studio.

I see my phone light up, a name I haven't seen or heard of in a while appears on my screen.

It was from Caitlin:

"Hey Justin, hope everything is well. We should hang out soon!"

I laughed coldly and shook my head.

"Yeah right." I whispered to myself.

"Everything is well, Ariana and I are still together. Nice try though." I sent back.

A few minutes later, I saw she read it and smirked. At the same time I was still shocked.

We were best friends for the longest time, I never would've expected her to do something like what she did to me. I knew she had feelings for me, but she took it too far.

I shook my head and decided not to think about it, because I knew I would just get even more upset.

That day I decided that it would be best to never speak to her again. She's trouble and I don't need that in my life, then I deleted and blocked her number.

I dialed Ariana's number, then waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey baby, has Caitlin texted you?"

"No, why?" She asked.

"Delete and block her number, I don't want either of us to hear from her again." I said sternly.

"What happened?" She asked worriedly.

"She's up to something, and I don't want either of us to be a part of it."

"How do you know she's up to something?" She asked.

"Just trust me Ariana, she's trouble." I replied.

*Ariana's POV*

I drove home thinking about Justin's call. Is Caitlin still trying to drift us apart?

However, I did believe Justin on the fact that Caitlin is trouble. I'm not one to run from my problems, though.

In that case, I'm not going to run from Caitlin.

I go to my room first thing when I get home, without even saying hi to Justin. I just need some time to think.

With all the nerve I had in my body, I dialed Caitlin's number in my phone and waited for her to pick up.

No answer.

"Hey, it's Caitlin. I'm not available right now, so leave a message."

I waited for the beep, then decided I'd leave her a 'friendly' message.

"Hey Caitlin, it's Ariana. I just wanted to tell you that you should probably stop trying to talk to my boyfriend, and stop trying to split us up. It's not going to happen... but at least you tried." I said in the most fake 'friendly' voice I've ever had to use.

I hung up and inwardly smiled to myself for being so brave.

But suddenly I had doubts.

What if she calls back?
What if she tries even harder to break us up now that I've said something to her?

I take a deep breath and try to let it go. I know it'll only make matters worse if I stress about it.

"Ariana?" Justin calls and comes into the room. "Nice of you to say hi." He says sarcastically with a chuckle.

"Oh, sorry about that." I laugh.

"What are you up to?" He asks.

"Nothing, I just had to make a quick call." I said with a small smile.

"Who were you calling?" He asked curiously.

"Nobody." I replied quickly.

"Ariana..."

"It was Caitlin." I said quietly.

"Why the hell would you call her after I told you to block and delete her number?" He asked as if I were the stupidest person alive.

"I'm not going to run from her, I'm not afraid of her."

"Well if you knew what she could do to you, then you would be afraid. She could ruin your life. Ariana I'm telling you right now, she's trouble. Stay away from her." He said seriously.

• 3 hours later •

*Ariana's POV*

My phone rings and I see Caitlin's name appear. Nervously, I take a deep breath and answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I got your message. I'm really sorry, maybe we got off on the wrong foot?" She says softly.

"Um-" I get cut off.

"I would hate to not be friends with you or Justin, I hope we can get over this silly little fight." She says.

Silly fight? It seemed pretty serious to me at the time. I laugh bitterly at her poor attempt of being nice to me.

"I hope we can be friends." She replies.

"Why are you suddenly being nice?" I ask, clearly confused.

"I just don't want this grudge to continue any longer. I feel like this whole thing has been unfair to all of us, especially Justin." She explains.

"I see what you mean but-"

"Alright, so we're friends? Great!" She said all too quickly. "I'll talk to you later, bye!" Then she hung up.

My mind was still trying to process everything, and I still didn't understand why she wanted to be 'friends'...

What could she be up to now?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

promote my story please (share my link and tell friends) keep reading and vote!!!

FOLLOW ME! thank you so much for your support. <3

*** be sure to comment suggestions for my story!!! ***