4

The rest of the day was spent touring the castle. It was quaint, as Todoroki expected, and felt warm and cozy. He didn't feel as nervous or awkward around Bakugo as he had originally, which made things much easier. It was as expected since they were still getting to know each other.

Dinner was delicious and filled with new fish Todoroki had never tried before, since the Plosion kingdom was a major fishing port. After the meal, Bakugo brought him back to the room he would be staying in and wished him goodnight with a simple hand squeezing his and a heart-stopping smile.

Todoroki's bedroom looked just as beautiful as the rest of the compound but he wished, silently in the back of his brain, that he could be seeing Bakugo's quarters instead. He vanquished any dirty thoughts from his mind, saying he just wanted to learn more about the man, and what better place to do so then on a tour through his bedroom?

With these explicit thoughts in mind, Todoroki went to sleep, feeling as though he was wrapped up and protected from all harm by Bakugo.

The next day, the two went into town. It seemed Bakugo wanted to show him everything about his country which made Todoroki happy because he wanted to know everything. The town was a short carriage ride over and Bakugo even offered to help him down the steps on his way out.

He was dressed in casual clothes that looked liked he wouldn't mind getting dirty, but still held a regal air to him that couldn't be dismissed. He also wore a hat that fit snuggly on his wild hair and walked with a decorative cane, intimidating lions head perched at the top on full display.

Todoroki admired how bold he was, especially coming into town with little to no protection. A pair of guards followed them but kept to being about fifteen paces away from them as they walked. Todoroki was concerned at first but then found it justified as they continued through the town.

Everyone loved Bakugo. It was nothing like when he passed through one of his towns in a carriage with the townspeople giving him scornful looks. Not a single person in this town seemed to think ill of him or glare at him. In fact, many came up and greeted Bakugo respectfully and Bakugo sometimes even called some of them by name.

Todoroki was appalled by the display more then anything. His interest was soon shifted to Bakugo's interactions with the townspeople even as he was pointing out other things to him. They were always respectful to Todoroki as well, and he had to wonder if they had heard the rumors about him across the sea.

Their journey persisted and some of the townsfolk offered Bakugo bread and fish or other rarities they had picked up. Bakugo was kind about it and paid for anything he took from them, which was just some food for them as the day progressed.

The town square was beautiful with a large fountain in the center which some kids were playing in. Carts filled with goods lined the sides and people shouted and passer-buyers to come see what they had to offer. Through the general bustle, no one seemed to pay much attention to their king strolling about. Maybe they were used to it or maybe they were just too busy trying to make a living.

They passed through and Todoroki was astonished by the life of the whole place. Even here, he felt at ease for once. Being outside usually meant being subjected to potential threats looming and usually pressured Todoroki, but here he felt free. Maybe it was just Bakugo, maybe it was just being alone outside the Salvo Kingdom, but Todoroki had never felt such a fluttery feeling of open wind before.

He cherished it and felt that maybe this really was meant to be his home. Maybe, just maybe, he would take up Bakugo's offer just to be able to enjoy this kind of life with Bakugo by his side and freedom filling his heart.

They passed the square when Bakugo stopped dead in his tracks. Todoroki almost bumped into him, as he wasn't paying attention, and looked over his shoulder to see what made him stop.

There was a kid dressed in dirty rags and a man grabbing at the kid who seemed to have stolen some of the fruit he was selling. The kid was obviously caught redhanded and seemed to be trying to get away as the man grabbed and yelled at him.

Todoroki looked to Bakugo, shocked by the cold rage that filled his face. He had never seen him look so terrifying before and shivers wracked his body at the sight."Bakugo...?" he questioned tentatively.

But the king didn't hear him. White noise filled his ears as he honed in on the subject of his boiling hot rage. His fists clenched at his side and he couldn't stop the words of anger from leaving his mouth."What the hell are you doing?!"

His voice was loud and powerful, causing heads to turn and fear to run through the surrounding area. The king stormed over to the pair, ripping the mans hands off the boy with a heated glare."What the fuck were you planning on doing to him, huh?! I won't tolerate this senseless violence!"

The shopkeeper looked petrified, practically shaking where he stood."B-But, sir, he was—"

"Shut the fuck up you slimy bastard! Save your excuses for the guillotine because that's the next thing you'll be seeing if you keep this up!" Bakugo raged back."If you give a boy a sword, he will only know to kill. You have to teach him not only to fight but how to make money. If they have not been given the skill to succeed, then how can you judge them for their failures?"

The shopkeeper looked breathless and the kid stopped squirming around, staring up at Bakugo with bright eyes filled with admiration. It seemed like everyone's hearts were pierced by their regal king.

"I—" The shopkeeper trailed off, head hanging low."I'm sorry."

"Good," Bakugo nodded, shoving the kid forward with a pointed look."You too."

The kid looked away but most of his stubbornness seemed to dissolve."I'm sorry..."

"Now give him the fruit and get out of here," Bakugo scolded him."Find a way to earn money before thinking about stealing from others."

The kid nodded and handed the shopkeeper his fruit back. From there, Bakugo seemed to pause, realizing that Todoroki had been watching the whole exchange. A chorus of swears ran through his head as he slowly turned around, prepared for the worst.

"I'm sorry for my improper display, Prince Todoroki," Bakugo said, calming his voice and face down to look presentable."I didn't want to scare you away with this side of me..."

Todoroki seemed to snap out of his daze."Ah, no..." he fumbled, trying to come up with the right words."I've never seen such a display before. You're very kind, Bakugo."

The king tipped his hat."I just don't like seeing such mindless injustice. If there's something to be done about it, I will try and do it." His voice was humble."And again, I apologize for my behavior."

"No, no, it's fine." Todoroki couldn't help but give him a small smile."I would like to learn everything about you, King Bakugo. It's fine if you're informal around me or have a sharp tongue. I don't mind it at all."

Bakugo could only grin back."Well then, I'll do good to tell you everything about me." In moderation, of course.