10

"We will now begin the discussion of the previous King, Todoroki Enji's, will," the head of the advisory spoke in a loud, deep voice.

There were murmurs about the court and pages shuffling as members turned to the one page that they would be discussing.

"It has been confirmed by multiple scribes and forgers that this is indeed the original will and last Kings handwriting. The previous document crowning the eldest son, Todoroki Touya, as King was a fake. We have already uncovered the scribe which helped him transcribe it and they are both being held in jail for the time being.

"We have also gotten word of the second son, Todoroki Natsuo, taking part in this scheme. As you know, Todoroki Natsuo was given a large sum of his fathers out-of-country estates and vacation homes in the fake will. When comparing it to his fathers real will, you can see that he clearly had something to gain from helping his brother forge his fathers will.

"We have tracked him down from overseas and are currently bringing him back to remain in jail with his brother. From here, we will follow Todoroki Enji's original will and crown his youngest son, Todoroki Shoto, to be king.

"Now, the real questions is: What shall be done about the three perpetrators of this fraudulent crime? Discussion shall begin now."

===

Todoroki Touya, Todoroki Natsuo, and the scribe who forged the document were all set to die by hanging in two days.

Apologies were given and Todoroki Shoto was to become King of the Salvo Kingdom.

Was he happy? Perhaps a small part of him was, but the rest of him felt a deep grief and betrayal at the hands of his brothers.

His sister was trying to hasten her way back to the kingdom to console him and see her brothers one last time, but she was so far out in the country that she wouldn't make it until after the hanging. The only thing she would be able to talk to was a corpse of what once was her beloved siblings.

So, in place of her, Todoroki went down to the jail to see his brothers. Originally, he wasn't planning on seeing them, fit with rage at their lies, but he knew his sister would never forgive him if he didn't hear their last words towards him.

When he finally was in view of his brothers, locked up in separate jail cells next to one another, he almost broke down. Natsuo looked so mournful and Touya looked like he was already in the land of the dead.

"Shoto!" Natsuo cried, running up to the edge of the bars and grasping them desperately in an attempt to be closer to his younger brother.

"Hello, Natsuo," Todoroki greeted coldly, giving one scornful look to his eldest brother who was still lying on the floor of his cell with dull eyes."Touya."

"I'm so glad you came to see me, brother!" Natsuo cried out, tears already pouring out of his eyes. Todoroki felt like doing the same but stayed strong, simply staring dully at him."So, so glad..."

"Fuyumi would never forgive me if I didn't come. Regrettably, she won't be able to make it to the hanging."

Natsuo looked down, sniffling and wiping his tears. Touya's head lolled to the side, away from the two of them.

Todoroki stared at his crying brother, growing soft."Why did you do it, Natsuo? Why did you betray me like this when you knew I wanted to become King?"

"Shoto..." Natsuo mumbled, looking up at him with a hard look in his eyes. He was serious."I didn't betray you. I swear I didn't. I had nothing to do with forging fathers will! I was set up!"

"Huh?" Todoroki gave him an incredulous look.

"I swear I took no part in this crime! I knew you wanted to become King! I was rooting for you the whole time! I didn't do this; I swear it! I was set up!"

Rage filled Todoroki at his words as he didn't know who to trust anymore. There was only one thing he was sure of: His fathers will was forged and his brothers were resting behind bars because of it.

"You dare lie to me after all this!" Todoroki roared back at him."All you brothers do is spit lies in my face and expect me to believe them! Do you think I'm naive enough to believe you?! Do you think I will always fall for your little acts like some kind of child?!"

"You are naive, Shoto," his eldest brother spoke in a small voice."You have yet to realize what people can really do. You don't know yet of true betrayal. No matter how much father taught you, you would always be a naive King. Why do you think everyone wanted you to succeed the throne so badly?"

"Shut up!" Todoroki yelled back at him."How is a brother who was never around to teach me supposed to tell me what kind of person I am?!"

"Believe what you will, but hear my words now: Natsuo truly had nothing to do with this," Touya spoke humbly in a soft voice."The forgery was all my doing, and I don't wish to see our brother suffer for what I thought would be right. If you are to do anything, save him."

"W-What?!" Todoroki took a shocked step back.

"There is someone setting this all up, I tell you!" Natsuo yelled back."Someone is trying to destroy our family!"

"They're someone near you, Shoto. Closer than you think."

"Save us! Save your brother, Natsuo!"

Overwhelmed, Todoroki ran away.