8

Todoroki went back to Bakugo's kingdom the day after, not bothering to even inform him ahead of time in his haste. He hoped Bakugo would be home or else he wouldn't know what to do.

After cooling his head for the night, all he felt was confusion and a burning hot betrayal.

Thankfully, when he arrived at the Plosion Kingdom, Bakugo was at the front steps walking down to Todoroki with a confused face.

"What's wrong, Prince Todoroki?" he asked, finally reaching him."You look like a ghost!"

"That kingdom is full of lies, Katsuki! I was so damn ignorant, and now I'm paying for it!" he cried back to him, running into his arms.

Bakugo tensed, looking around and then deciding this wouldn't be the best place to have this sort of conversation."Come, Prince Todoroki, let's go inside. I'll hear your story there."

He pulled the other along hastily, dragging him into his chambers which seemed like the only safe place away from curious ears.

The minute the doors closed behind them, Todoroki jumped back into Bakugo's arms with a shrill cry."Why must this happen to me?!"

"Please, calm down, Shoto," Bakugo soothed him, rubbing his back lovingly."Tell me what happened. Why are you acting like this?"

Todoroki breathed deeply, heart still pounding out of control but he felt like he was back in reality. Bakugo was so great at doing that to him. He was glad he came to him before doing something rash.

But the words couldn't come out, so instead he handed Bakugo his father will, already turned to the page with that sentence on it."Read it," he said, voice shaking.

Slowly, Todoroki sat down at the edge of Bakugo's bed, hands moving up to rub his face in a stressful manner. Just thinking about his fathers will made his heart grow with rage and violence.

"This is..." Bakugo's voice cut out, breath hitching at what he was reading."I can't believe it...You were supposed to..."

"Yes..." Todoroki breathed."I was supposed to become King."

Bakugo remained silent, staring at the paper with hard eyes.

"Tell me, Katsuki, how could my brother do such a thing to me?" Todoroki's voice held so much sorrow and pain in it.

Bakugo came over to him and gave him a hug."I don't know, Shoto. I don't know."

"I just don't understand..." Todoroki whispered."I was supposed to be king. Father had prepared me ever since birth to take the throne. It was supposed to be mine and my brother just snatched it away from me. How could he do such a thing?"

Bakugo stayed silent, letting Todoroki unload onto him all his burdens. His heart felt heavy but he paid it no mind.

"Do you want to be King, Shoto?"

Todoroki paused."Huh?"

Bakugo pulled back from their hug, face serious."Do you want to be the King of the Salvo Kingdom?"

Todoroki's eyes widened, but he knew the answer to that question."Yes, I want to be King."

Bakugo tried hard to hide the smirk that wanted to cross his face. Instead, he put his hand on either side of Todoroki's face tenderly."Then you can become King. With your father's will in your hands, it's possible for you to take over the throne. His dying words are absolute."

"Really?" Todoroki asked, hope filling his voice."I can become King, Katsuki?"

"You can."

"Then let's do it. Let's make me king."