5

After that day, Bakugo changed. He sweared more, for one, and talked with much more candor. His body language loosened and he had a sharper air about him.

Todoroki was shocked, at first, by how drastic the change was, but he knew that this was what leaders needed to do. It was the same in his family with his father and now his brother. It was a way to appeal to the public and to others when doing business.

Todoroki couldn't see it as fake when it came to Bakugo. His genuine care for his people was still the same even if he had a sharp tongue. In fact, Todoroki found himself loosening up because of Bakugo. He felt more confident when talking to him and believed Bakugo was really opening up to him.

They had been doing various activities together, just talking and enjoying one another's company. A week later and Bakugo asked Todoroki if he wanted to spar with him. Todoroki had heard the stories about him and knew he had more experience than him but wanted to nonetheless. He had been trained heavily by his father and could defeat almost all the guard back home, so he felt confident he could at least hold his own against Bakugo.

Bakugo tossed him a wooden sword."First to touch wins," he explained, grabbing himself his own sword.

"Alright," Todoroki agreed, swinging the wooden sword to test the grip and weight. It was very light compared to an actual sword.

They stood inside a patch of dirt which was obviously used for sparing. There were lines around the edges shaped in a large rectangle. Todoroki and Bakugo stood at each end, getting in stance.

"You have good form," Bakugo commented, throwing Todoroki off for a second."I've seen that stance used by many Salvo before."

"You've fought people from my kingdom before?"

"You could say that."

Bakugo grinned, suddenly pushing forward. He sliced downwards, aiming for Todoroki's shoulder which the other dodged. He countered, aiming for Bakugo's neck with fierce determination. With his lean muscle, he was known for being quick on his feet.

Bakugo, however, was known for his brute strength. He parried Todoroki's attack, swords clacking together, and pushed him backwards. Todoroki stumbled but quickly recovered, dodging Bakugo's next attack, though he swore he felt a bit of his hair wisp past the wooden sword.

He knew better than to parry any of Bakugo's attacks. His muscles weren't built up enough to take on such brute force. He was sure his whole body would probably suffer some aftereffects from such a blow.

"What's wrong..." Bakugo asked, voice low as he swiftly turned and sliced at Todoroki before he could recover. It was clear he was already overwhelming him.

Todoroki had never been in battle, so he didn't have the same deadly aura. He didn't understand what it was like to kill someone and have their blood gush onto your face and clothes. He didn't know how to search for weaknesses or react to unknown situations. A battle-hardened warrior like Bakugo did.

Todoroki was pushed back to the center of the ring, dodging each of Bakugo's attacks which were getting closer and closer to hitting him. He knew it was over but still pushed on, hoping to catch Bakugo off guard and gain the upper hand.

The other grinned at Todoroki's attack and he couldn't get that feral look out of his mind. With a swift parry, Todoroki's whole body shook and strained and he fell down onto the dirt. Bakugo's sword came down towards Todoroki's head and for a split second he was scared, feeling like he was actually going to die.

The sword stopped right before it hit his cheek."Checkmate," Bakugo grinned from above him, lightly tapping Todoroki with the blunt side of his wooden sword.

Todoroki blinked and then his ears began burning."Y-Yeah," he croaked, watching carefully as Bakugo leaned down, knees resting on either side of his body."You got me..."

And then Bakugo moved downwards, kissing him heatedly. Todoroki moaned into it, arms wrapping around his head instantly.

He was in bliss and Bakugo smirked on top of him, happy he knew he could easily beat Todoroki in a duel if it came down to it.

===

Todoroki and Bakugo finally laid down after another heated session in the bathroom. Todoroki felt incredibly warm in Bakugo's arms with his head resting on his chest, snuggled underneath the covers of his large bed.

Bakugo didn't say anything, just calmly closing his eyes like what they just did was natural. Todoroki knew how wrong it was but was happy Bakugo felt the same way about him. He was using his wife and daughter to keep Todoroki close to him. It was the perfect ploy to hide their relationship.

"King—"

"Katsuki's fine, like you were calling me just awhile ago," Bakugo murmured, caressing his hair and bringing him closer."When it's just us, there is no need for formalities."

Todoroki flushed."Then...you can call me Shoto."

"Okay, Shoto. What is it you wanted to tell me?"

Again, Todoroki was flustered."Ah, well, I wanted to tell you I'd do it. That proposition you gave me before to marry your daughter."

Bakugo's eyes widened comically and Todoroki couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the look."I was a little hesitant at first, but I think it's a good idea."

Bakugo let out a heavy, relieved sigh."Thank god. I didn't think you would agree." He squeezed Todoroki in his arms."Now we can be together whenever we want. "

"Yeah." Todoroki smiled softly, something small and intimate. Whenever they wanted...

He was so happy.