Junkyard Car

It was a hot summer day, a few weeks after school ended and fun events were being planned but for one particular girl, that isn't what she had in mind, instead she decided to continue fixing cars.

(Y/N) has always loved cars since she was little, learning all the different car parts and helping out her father sometimes, until he passed away.

It was depressing for a good three months with no cars iced during the time but once she realized what she was lacking, she jumped back into the train.

~~ 3 Years Later~~

"Honey wake up! Breakfast is ready!"

I grumbled in exhaustion before getting up slowly and going into my bathroom, getting ready for the day, putting on Jean shorts, vans, and a white tank top with a red and black plaid shirt around my waist.

I go downstairs and grab a pop tart from the toaster before telling everyone goodbye and rush to my black motorbike.

As I drive, I relax with a simply yawn and feel the soft breeze through my hair and the smell of nature overtake my senses.

It was a beautiful day, the sun shining, birds chirping, and the neighbors outside with friends.

I smiled lightly before it dropped immediately.

There, with her group go snobs was Isabelle (sorry if that's your name) with her boyfriend chilling out on her driveway.

Crap!

I kept driving until she called my name.

"(Y/N) is that you? Wow were are you going sweety? The junkyard again?"

I heard giggles and the sarcasm laced in her tone. I glared at her before driving off not wanting to cause anymore attention to myself.

What's wrong with liking to fix cars?

Soon I get to a building and walk in, greeting my boss and getting to work.

~~ After Working for A While~~

Sweat ran down my face and my body ached. After a while of finishing an old car I was working on I stepped back to look at it better until something caught my eye.

Yellow.

I furrowed my eyebrows before walking over to the tarp and ripping it off, revealing an old yellow and black Camaro. My eyes widen and my mouth opens a gap.

This car was a beauty!

"I'm gonna fix you up buddy." I said quietly before inspecting the vehicle, and surprisingly it was in okay condition except some engine issues but that wasn't an issue for me.

I gathered up the supplies I would need and got it work.

Soon the sun was setting so I paused in my work. Maybe after I fix this bad boy I can keep it... hopefully.

I go back into my motorbike and drive home.

As I go inside, my family is laughing together while eating dinner but I didn't care. I took a shower, ate a snack and went to bed.

~~Next Morning~~

My alarm beeped before I excitedly rushed off my bed and went into my bathroom following my usual routine.

I put on another pair of jean shorts, vans, and a black tank top with a black and yellow striped plaid shirt on me.

I took my breakfast on the go but not before a lecture from my mother saying I should "make friends and do fun things." Yeah no I have something EVEN better to deal with.

When I get to work, I greet everyone before going to the Camaro. I smile before rubbing the hood saying "hey bud I'm back." Why am I talking to myself? I don't know I guess I'm just excited for the car to be finished and working again.

I took my tools out and fixed whatever needed to be changed or fixed from yesterday.

One hour later I was done. My face and clothing was covered in black smoke and debris but I was in too much of a bubbly mood to care. Earlier that day I had asked my boss to keep the car and he allowed me to! Well technically he didn't even know he had it but it's mine now!

Finally I can have a car.

I get inside the car and turn the key, the engine coming to life a bit choppy at first but gradually becomes a smooth growl.

I sigh in relief before driving it out of the junkyard and onto the road, towards my house.

~~ At Home~~

I finally make it home and park my new car into the garage. I turn off the key and look at my hard work.

I heard the garage door opening and turned to see my mother, face wide with surprise before spotting me.

"Hey mom."

"When did you get a car honey? It looks nice."

I chuckled before saying "I found it at the junkyard, now leave mom I'm busy." I whined.

She chuckled before putting her hands up in surrender before closing the door.

The sun was setting so I decided to use that time to clean the car a bit.

I sweeped, vacuumed, wiped down, and washed the whole car which probably took me a good three hours. It was 9:45 pm in which my family is most likely asleep.

I yawned, my eyes tired and heavy while I put the supplies away. I go inside and get ready for bed.

~~ 1:30am~~

*Crash*

I woke up immediately. What was that?

I tiredness was long gone, replaced with the pump of my adrenaline.

I slowly got out of bed and tip toed to my bat and walked downstairs.

*crash*

It's in the garage.

I raise the wooden bad before grabbing the door handle with my other hand and ripping it open.

As soon as I saw the commotion I almost fainted. There, standing a good 17 feet tall in the middle of the garage stood a robot. Also my car. My jaw hit the floor and my eyeballs jumped out of their sockets. My body shook with shock. What the hell?

A yellow and black robot stood still looking straight at me. There were broken objects from where he tried to move around.

The bat dropped from my hand and it immediately hid in the farthest corner from me.

Wait maybe it won't hurt me...it seemed to be afraid of me.

I closed the door slowly and crouched, coming closer to the robot with my hands up.

"Hey hey it's okay! I won't hurt you."

It's blue optics seemed to relax and so did its body.

"I-um what are you? Are you my car?"

It nodded and whirred softly.

I smiled a bit before slowly reaching my hand out to touch it.

When I was about to touch its face, it leaned into the touch as if it was starved from affection.

I have a robot in my garage and now I don't know what to do.

Wow...never would I ever think that my boring normal life would change.