Present

Y/N POV:

It was Christmas Eve and I was currently running around the mall like a crazy person trying to find the perfect gift for each of my family members. So far I was doing pretty good and just needed my brother.

After debating what to possibly get him, I decided to head to the music store to look. He's always been a big music nerd so I would for sure find something there. I looked around for a few minutes before finally finding the perfect gift, a LUMI keyboard.

Just as I reached for the box, another hand reached out at the same time.

"Shit, sorry." The person said before retracting their hand.

I grabbed the box before turning to look at ther person. It was a girl who stood at about 5'3 and had... bright green roots?

I must have been staring at her because I was shaken out of my thoughts by her waving her hand in my face.

"Hey you good?" She questioned as she giggled cutely.

"Y-yeah. Sorry about that."

"No worries, but can I borrow that box really quick? I want to ask an employee if they have more in the back considering you just snatched the last one from the shelf." She asked as she pointed to the box in my hand.

"Sure." I said before handing her the box and walking with her as we looked for an employee.

I gave her some space to talk to the worker as I looked at the items nearby.

"What do you mean that's the last one?!" The girl groaned.

"I'm sorry ma'am but with Christmas being tomorrow, we're all out."

"Thanks." She grumbled as she made her way over to me again.

"Last one?" I asked making her pout.

"Yes bro! I really wanted to get this for my brother. He's been saying he wants it since the longest. Would you mind like, letting me buy it?"

Was this bitch on crack?! I had finally found the perfect gift for MY brother and she was trying to take it away! What made hers more special?

"Sorry princess but I got it first." I said as I grabbed the box from her hand.

"Oh come on! I'll give you anything you want! Just please let me buy it. There's literally nothing else I could get Finneas!"

"Just get him a guitar or something."

"Bitch he already has like 5!" The girl yelled raising her arms over her head for effect.

5?! These people must be loaded with money. I quickly looked the girl over and confirmed my suspicions when I saw what she was wearing. Gucci from head to toe.

"Are you done checking me out?" The girl asked as she gave me an unimpressed look.

"Can't you like pay for overnight shipping? You sure as hell seem to have the money for it." I argued. I was already considering just letting her have the keyboard but she was starting to get upset and it honestly made her look adorable so I wanted to mess with her a bit.

"The deadline is over bozo. It won't get here on time!" She huffed as her cheeks started to turn a light shade of pink.

I decided to stop messing with her and extended my arm out to her.

"I'll let you have this keyboard-"

"YES!" The girl yelled as she reached for it.

"Hey! Not so fast!" I chuckled as she rolled her eyes. "As I was saying, I'll let you have this... if you give me your number."

"Are you serious?" The girl asked as her eyes widened.

"One hundred percent. Scouts honor."

She giggled as I saluted her. "Give me your phone."

She quickly put her number in my phone, saving it as "Billie 🕷" before handing it back.

"Billie eh?" I questioned. I had never met a girl with that name before but I thought it was dope.

I sent out a quick text and heard her phone ding. "There, now you have my number too. The keyboard's yours."

A smile spread across her face as she took the box from my hand.

"Thanks bro, Finneas is gonna love it!"

"No problem. Guess I gotta find my brother a new present now. I'll see you around Billie." I laughed as and scratched the back of my neck as I started to walk away.

"Wait!" She yelled making me turn around to face her again. "Maybe I could help you find something for him?"

"That'd be great." I smiled.

"Let's go that way!" Billie said pointing to the guitars.

We better find something I swear.

—————
CHRISTMAS IS IN 86 DAYS FRIENDS.

Also, I'm hella stressed about getting tickets for Billie's tour even though LA got 3 dates lmaoooo.

Sorry that this is trash btw!