Student Exchange Programs @willowwhisps

Wizarding schools offer exchange programs to encourage better relations between schools and broaden students' knowledge of different countries, cultures, and forms of magic

Wizarding schools offer exchange programs to encourage better relations between schools and broaden students' knowledge of different countries, cultures, and forms of magic. Each school has its specific areas of study. Castelobruxo specializes in Herbology and Magizoology, Uagadou in Astronomy, Alchemy, and Transfiguration, Durmstrang in Martial Magic, Duelling, and the Dark Arts, and Hogwarts in Potions, Defense Against The Dark Arts, and Charms. The exchange program duration varies from a few weeks (Koldovstoretz) to a year. Programs in Castelobruxo, Uagadou, Mahoutokoro, and Hogwarts typically last a month or a full semester, and sometimes a full school year. Students can earn academic credit, and their time in the exchange program counts towards their final grades. To participate, students must be doing well in most of their classes. However, few students participate because of the high fees and other reasons. Students going to a wizarding school are expected to use a specific portal located across the United States and Canada and follow certain instructions. There are 10 of them and they are all hidden in plain sight. Most schools do not have Houses, so they do not hold Sorting Ceremonies.

Upon arrival, students from other countries who are unable to speak the language will be provided with a Translation spell to help them communicate more fluently and easily. To help exchange students adjust to their new surroundings, an appointed guide from the school will assist them in navigating the campus. All students, including exchange students, are subject to the school's rules and consequences without exception. During breaks, exchange students can stay on campus, at an inn, in town, with a host family, or they can return home. Exchange students wishing to stay at an inn or with a host family must obtain permission from their parent or legal guardian, even if they have a roommate. After the exchange program is complete, students may choose to keep any uniforms or clothing they received from the school they attended.

To take part in the exchange program, students need to fill out an application form which includes an essay describing their interest in the program. They also need to pay a fee of either 2,000 dragots or 350 U.S. dollars, depending on their preference. It is important to apply before the prior year ends in the case of year-long programs and at the beginning of the year for semester or shorter programs. Additionally, students need to get a permission slip signed by a parent or legal guardian. The application will be evaluated by professors and the headmaster, and the process may take several months.

Portal Locations For Each School

Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry (Scottish Gaelic: Sgoil Buidseachd is Draoidh Hogwarts)
(Scottish Highlands, Great Britain)
Established: 990 AD
Motto: Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus (Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon)
Houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin
Headmistress: Professor Minerva McGonagall
Official language: English
Portal Location: Damen Blue Line (Chicago, Illinois)
Address: 800 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60642

Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry (Scottish Gaelic: Sgoil Buidseachd is Draoidh Hogwarts)(Scottish Highlands, Great Britain)Established: 990 ADMotto: Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus (Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon)Houses: Gryffindor, H...