Chapter 9

In the morning Kankri was gone. He must have left. You heard Karkat swearing upstairs at Kankri. You decided to get dressed.

~le after getting dressed~

You headed upstairs. You were happy UNTILL You reminded myself your mom was dead.
Awwww shit.

What about dad?!? Would he be coming home soon??? You went to see Mr. Vantas, who was relaxing and reading. He was looking out the window on the other side of the room, facing away from you. Maybe he knew about Mr. Makara and what might become of Gamzee. You said "good morning Mr. Vantas.". "Ah, your up. Feeling ok?". "Yes..." You replied.

Lies.

"Did you know Mr. Makara???". He froze. His body tightened. "Yes...... I knew him...... Why?". "W-well, I was wondering..... Will the same thing happen to Gamzee? To Kurloz?". He softened up a little. "No, not Kurloz, and we can cure Gamzee. Gamzee's father was plain batshit crazy!Apparently the trait seemed to have passed down but has weakened. Kurloz has Meulin and the cops know how to fix Gamzee. Don't worry.". You nodded. You heard a stumble.
"__ - ___?!".
You looked up the stairs and saw Karkat standing on the bottom step. Oh shit. You blinked, unsure of what to do. "Hi.". 'Great job. Smooth.' you thought. Karkat pulled his hood over his face and he ran upstairs. You wished you could go after him, but what then?
Say sorry?
Argue?
Fight?
Beg for forgiveness?

Whatever.