Stay

I walked into the apartment that Colby let me stay in -until I could afford something of my own- with the hopes that I'd be able to talk to him.
I've had a crush on Colby for a while but some days it was bigger then other days. Today was one of those days.
I walked into his room, thinking he'd still be awake. I peered into the slightly cracked door to see only a dim light on and Colby passed out on his bed.
I walked in and the door creaked loudly. I was scared I was gonna wake him up.
I tiptoed to the bedside and noticed a book half open by his face.
He was laying on his side with his arms sprawled out in front of him and a book in between them.
I giggled to myself and slowly pulled the book away from him. I book marked it like a good little reader and set it on the bedside table.
I covered him up with a blanket ever so delicately, like as to not break porcelain.
I smiled as his semi tan skin shined in the dim light of his lamp. God he was cute.
I stood by his bedside, debating wether to make the bold move of kissing his forehead goodnight or leaving as it has always been.
My body jumped into a brazen state and I leaned over to kiss him gently.
As soon as my lips touched his soft skin, they left.
I smiled in content and started to leave his room.
When I neared the doorknob with my hand, the sheets rustled and I slightly froze. I moved my hand closer to the knob until I heard a faint call for me.
"Y/n?"
I hesitated to turn the handle.
"Y/n? Is that you?"
I paused, looking at the knob, then I lowered my hand and slowly turned to the sleepy figure.
"Yeah. I'm right here. What's up?"
"Why are you in here?"
"Well. I saw a sleeping man so I thought I'd just make his life a little easier by helping him get more comfortable." I half smiled while walking slowly to the bedside.
"Oh." After his short little response, there was a silence. I think the silence for us was different. For me it was wondering, nervousness, excitement even?
For him though, I think it was comfortable, questionable and confusing.
"Will you stay with me?" He piped up breaking the silence after a minute or two.
"You want me to sleep with you?" I asked slightly shocked.
"Well, yeah. I'm feeling a little lonely, so why not?"
I just nodded and slowly crept into bed. I pulled the sheets over myself and made it a mental note to sleep on my side facing away as far as possible from him.
After I closed my eyes for a couple minutes, I noticed he started to move. I felt his weight coming closer to me and soon felt something on my side.
I felt colbys hand run across my waist and pull me to his chest.
I didn't know how to react as I was mixed with fear and excitement.
Colby buried his face into the crook of my neck and slowly breathed.
"Colby? What are you doing?" I asked slightly scared.
"Mmm, I'm trying to sleep." He hummed in a soft tone.
I sighed as I knew it had to be brought up sometime.
I moved from my position and turned to face him.
He looked at me with a smile and his gorgeous eyes.
"What are you really doing Colby?" I cracked down.
"Okay, I am just trying to be with you. I want you to want me. And maybe I want you to love me back."
"You love me?" I questioned with knitted brows.
"Of course I do. Everyday I love you more. I wanted you to notice my love for you ever since you moved in."
I was completely shocked. I didn't know he left the same.
I couldn't think of the right words so I just did what felt natural.
I leaned up and connected my lips with his.
His lips were soft, they made my heart ache. I put my hand on his bare chest as he kissed me back. His hand slid to the small of my back slowly as he pressed in for more.
I didn't give him more though, just one long sweet kiss.
I let go and he looked at me. Dare I say Colby Brock was a blusher? He most definitely was.
I smiled at him and he smiled back.
"I take that as you love me back?" Colby chuckled.
"Absolutely." I smiled.
I buried my blushing face into his chest and he sighed as he wrapped his arms around me.
I moved my head a little out of his chest because I couldn't breathe and he leaned down.
I felt a soft kiss press against my forehead and I closed my eyes in happiness.
"There, now I pay you back for the forehead Kiss."
My eyes shot open in shock.
"You know about that?" I asked slightly embarrassed.
He laughed and smiled.
"Of course I did. It was one of the best moments of my life."
I smiled again and buried my face back into his chest in embarrassment.
"It's okay. I loved it."
After that, I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened.
I was in colbys bed, cuddling him, after we kissed and told me he loved me.
Needless to say, I was pretty happy.