Its a long story

I was walking around the city. It had rained in the morning but hadn't dried up all day, which is surprising because it's LA. I hadn't decided to take any cautions which I knew I'd regret later.
I was walking around just window shopping as I was too broke to afford anything at the moment. I had gotten done with my day dreaming when I was walking back home. I checked my phone. I still have half an hour. As I was walking I heard a car come closer. I looked up. I saw that they were driving close to the curb and there was a puddle right in front of me. I instantly knew what was going to be my fate in about ten seconds. I heard the tire screech through the puddle and I closed my eyes. I felt water hit me like a Tidal wave.
"Oh my god that was cold." I said shaking access water off of my body. I heard the car stop and I wiped my phone off with my wrist.
I heard the car door slam closed and a boy got out.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry! I didn't see the puddle." He looked so upset.
"I-its fine!" I gestured off.
"Here let me help you." He ran to his car and got a towel out of his trunk.
"And you have random towels why?" I asked as I dried my skin off.
"I don't know. Just seem to always be prepared!" He shrugged. I squeezed my soaking wet (h/c) hair out and ran the towel through it.
"Well you're lucky it was me who you drenched and not some strong body builder who could pop off your head like a seed." I said handing him back the towel. He chuckled and nodded.
"Yeah I guess it could've been worse." He rubbed the back of his neck.
"Thanks for the towel but I should probably get home and change." I said turning around.
"Wait! I can drive you home!"
"No it's fine. I'm not that far anyway. And I don't wanna get your car wet!"
He ran toward me and stopped me. I turned and looked at him.
"Seriously, it's the least i can do for getting someone soaked."
I squinted at him and put my hands on my hips.
"How do I know you're not gonna kidnap me?"
"Do I look strong enough to kidnap you?"
"Fair point. But i don't even know your name."
"I'm Colby. Colby brock."
"Nice to meet you. I'm (y/n)." I smiled
"So will you let me be a gentleman and let me drive you home or not?" He asked pointing to his car.
I rolled my eyes and smirked.
"Sure."
I got into his car.
We were driving and I started shivering.
He took his eyes off of the road and turned on the heater.
He put his hands back on the wheel and without looking at me he said "we don't want you getting hypothermia."
I smiled and looked down, my wet hair falling over my shoulders.
"Thanks." I said
"No problem." He smirked.
He was cute. Really cute. I hadn't had a crush in a really long time so I didn't even know if I actually liked him. He seemed really nice. I was jogged out of my thoughts to tell him to turn right.
It was about twenty minutes in of a ride and he said "I thought you said you didn't live that far?" He furrowed his brows
"And I thought you were a kidnapper." I retorted.
"Sassy. I like it." He laughed.
"That one! Right there!" I pointed to my house.
He pulled in the driveway and I got out. I went to my front door and almost rang the door bell when he grabbed my hand.
"Wait." He said quickly
"What?" I asked
He lent down and kissed my cheek.
"Thanks for trusting me. I'm glad I could help such a pretty girl."
I blushed and looked down.
"Well you're welcome."
He walked to his car and got in. I rang the door bell and my mom answered.
"Well what in all the earth happened to you?" My mom asked looking at my soaking wet body that was dripping from head to toe.
"It's a long story." I laughed
Colby honked as I got in.
I waved goodbye as he pulled out of the driveway.
"And who is that?" She asked.
I smiled at her and looked down.
"He's a long story too."