Parents

Cd/n= child's name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It sucked.
Having a baby and not getting any sleep.
I would wake up three times during the night to change diapers, breastfeed, other such things.
But I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have a good kid, and a good husband/father. We are the best team. Yes I admit we had kids early but we love each other the same as any couple 5 years older then us.

The baby cry rings through the monitor and I get up. I sleepily walk to the babies room and pull her out of the crib.
"Shhh. It's okay. You're okay."
She starts to slow down her crying and just snipped breathing lays out. I rock her back and forth and bounce her lightly.
I slowly set her back in her crib and walked out the door. I went back into our shared bedroom and saw Colby sleeping soundly.
Must be nice.
I rolled my eyes and said to myself. I got into bed and turned away from him. I soon felt an arm snake around my waist. He pulled me into him and whispered "you're doing great baby."
I smiled to myself and fell into sleep.
When dawn came, Me and the baby were awake and Colby was.... still asleep. I walked into our room and opened the curtains.
"Wake up! Time for a new day with the baby girl!" She giggled and smiled when she saw Colby's eyes open. She was very interested in his eyes and I could see why. He did have beautiful eyes.
I watched him get out of bed and I tossed him a shirt.
"Come on sleepy butt! Let's go!"
"You have too much energy!" He laughed.
"Well I'm a mom, I'm used to it. You have the easy part."
"Fair. But you look great doing it." He said kissing me tenderly.
"Thank you. Well you get breakfast today. What are we having chef brock?"
"We will be having omelets. And for the infant, milk." He said booping her nose. She giggled and we walked downstairs.
I breastfed the baby while we waited for breakfast. Soon it was done and so I slowly ate while Colby inhaled his food.
"You're like a vacuum." I laugh.
He just smiled.
"You're cute." I giggled.
"Well Thanks." He said shoving another bite into his mouth.
The bay was done and so it was dad time with her!
"You get the child now!" I hand her over and finish eating while she gets tummy time and Colby watches her.
"Babe! Come in here!" He calls. I run in and look around.
"What?"
"She rolled over!!" He cheered.
She gargled from her place on the floor and I smiled and picked her up.
"Do you do that all by yourself?" I cooed.
She smiled and stuck her fingers in her still toothless mouth.
"One day you'll get those teeth." I hugged her.

~timeskip~ (by like... four years)
"Dad! Dad look! I lost a tooth!" (Cd/n) shouted as she walked to colbys room.
"Wow! Let me see."
She opened her mouth and showed him the gap between her teeth.
"Wow! That's a lost tooth all right!! Are you ready to start making some money off of your teeth??" He encouraged like a child.
"Yeah!" She highfived Him and walked to her room. I came in with laundry and set it down. "It's like having two kids. Although ones almost 27." I said folding his pants. "And apparently this 27 year old baby can't even do his own laundry."
"Well I'm a baby. what do I know?" He shrugged.
"You're so annoying!" I said smacking him with his own clothes.
"Not the shirt! Anything but my favorite shirt!!" He complained.
"Cd/n! Run! The angry mother is attacking! We need to retreat!" Colby shouted as he left the room. I heard giggles and screams from both of them.
At least she has someone her mental age to play with.
I laughed as I walked out to see them mid hand in the cookie jar.
"I wasn't stealing cookies for our daughter." He said with his face full of cookie.
She giggled and stood behind her dad.
"Wow. You guys are a mess." I cleaned cd/n's face off and gave Colby a wipe.
"Wha? You're not gonna do it for me?" He asked pouting.
"No!" I scoffed.
"Rude!" He complained.
"Wait wait you missed a spot!" I smirked.
"Where? On my lips?" He asked pulling me in
"Yeah yeah right..." I leaned in and kissed him "there."
"Thank you."
We heard a tiny 'eeeewwww' from under the table.
We looked at cd/n and she laughed.
"You're lucky you're cute. Otherwise you'd be laundry!!" I said chasing her around with the basket.
I swooped her up and brought her over to Colby.
"She's your prisoner now!"
We played games all day and got chores done too. By 8 everyone was tired. Cd/n was passed out on the couch. Colby lifted her lightly and brought her to her room. He set her down, tucked her in and kissed her forehead goodnight.
He walked out and I walked by her room.
"You're doing good baby." I said.
"Yeah. We are doing pretty good huh?" He asked.
"Yeah. Pretty good." I nodded.
We went to bed, cuddled into each other.
One of the best days we've had in a while I guess you could say. A good day indeed.