Promise

Carrie Anna Posting, lied in her bed, thinking of the school year's end. On how it would be, amongst the actual adult community, yeah she was 19 years old, but as life would have it, she was born, December 25th, of course, schools always have that imparticular cut off, for when you get to go to school. Time seemed to fly, then drag as slow as molasses, these last few weeks, a couple of days dragged, the sped up again, only to slow back down, a week left...just how much can really go on in one week?

"Graduation time, finally!" Carrie thought, aloud springing out of her bed, understandably excited.

Knowing her excitement was not only because of graduation, but she'd be officially rid of the ding batted, cruel hearts of the popular, mistreating, and downright mean, bullies and bullettes'.

"Okay, bullettes', probably ain't even a word, but it sounds good!" Thinking aloud again.

"Carrie Anna!" Her mother shouted, although the sweet tone of her voice, would never go beyond that of a soft shout.

"Coming!" She called, poking her head just outside her bedroom door.  "Monday, Monday, by the end of the week, I'm free, at last!"

Carrie made her way down the stairs, the back way. It was one of those houses, that had a set of stairs leading to the front door, and another heading down into the kitchen. Kitchen, seeming that was about, pretty much where her mother spent most of her time. Carrie skipped down the steps and into the kitchen. Her mother smiled.

"Someone's in a good mood this morning!" Carrie's mother said, leaning back against the counter, sipping her second cup of newly brewed coffee.

"Yeah, a tad bit, anyway!" Carrie said, also smiling and in a spunky attitude.

"Yeah, she's overjoyed about graduation!" Her brother Dylan said, smartly.

"Shut up Dylan!" Carrie said, almost whining.

"Ain't my fault, no one at school likes you!" Dylan snarled.

"Fuck off, asshole!" Carrie called to him, as both were outside, he in his car, a she standing on the sidewalk.

"Carrie Anna, watch your mouth, believe me, I'll be on your brother as soon as he comes back through those doors, you just keep an eye on that mouth, young lady!" Her mother said jumping on her case, pointing and shaking her finger in a slightly angry tone.

"Okay, mom, okay!" Carrie said, starting to head down the street, walking, kind of shaking her head, but thinking to herself, Dylan got a car, why not her?

In her mind, she knew that reason, they only had enough money for one car. Did she wonder, why him though? He was a lazy, mean, brat, as a little kid and now. Complaining isn't going to change that fact, however, he was the boy of our fraternal twin syndrome. A block away she saw her brother's car, just sitting there. She went to walk past it, still heading to school....just then...all who was in the car sat up, as Dylan sped, slamming into the puddled of muddy water in a pothole, shooting at least half of it on her, they all laughed, as she was sorta shocked, but still clobbered with the nastiness of the puddled water, that was on her.

She picked up her dignity, she had dropped with her bag, as soon as the water smacked her one, she headed home, instead of school. she walked in the door. Stomped up the stairs, into her room, slamming the door. Her mother rushed in...

"Carrie Anna, what are you do--" Her mother, started anyway. 

"Changing, your jack-ass son got me all gross again, I can usually handle gross, but not puddle water, who knows what's in that! Anyway, I'm almost done with that horrible school, I'm also outta here, when I get enough money!" Shouted Carrie, raggedly throwing new close on, changing bags, she grabs the key to her dads truck, throwing her bag in the passenger side, hopping in, and taking off.