Chapter 39

As I sat to the table with my family eating all I could think about was killing that son of a bitch Jamison. I know I told my daughter she will need to calm down but it was pissing me off seeing my daughter cry like this. Something has to be done. And fast.

"Baby please stop crying and eat something. You got to eat and keep yourself together." Desmond said.

"Daddy I'm not hungry. All of this with Damion got me sick."

"I know it does. And baby I'm truly sorry about all of this. But I'm not trying to bury my daughter. So please eat for me." Desmond said eating a spoonful of grits.

"Your father is right baby. You got to eat. The twins need you. And I'm with your father you can't do this." Grace said.

"Mama you don't understand how this feel. I loved Damion. And he was genuinely in love with me. Now he's gone forever. What am I gonna tell my kids huh?"

"They don't need to know no time soon. They are too young to understand. And when that times come me and your father will be right there with you." Grace said as she cleaned the area."

Desmond got up from the table and cleaned his area. He went and grabbed his jacket to walk out the door.

"Where are you going?" Grace asked.

"I need to take care of some business."

"What business?"

"That's something that you don't need to be worried about. I'll be back in about an hour or so." Desmond said as he walked out the door.

Anastasia already knew what her dad had in mind to do. When she saw the look on his face she got a little worried.

"Ana you know what and where your dad is going to do?"

"Why you ask that mama?" Anastasia said looking off from her mom.

"Don't play with me girl. I saw that look you just gave your daddy. What's going on? And don't lie to me." Grace said putting her hands on her hip.

"Mama I don't know ok. All I know is we talked about what happened to Damion. We was suppose to be doing his arrangements. That all he said to me." She said telling half the truth.

"And what else?"

"Mama this is nothing. Maybe he had other business to do. If he said it's nothing then it's nothing." Anastasia tries to reason with her mom knowing the truth.

"Ana I know you and I know your father. Is there something you are not telling me?"

Anastasia got quiet and stood up to clear her spot at the table. She washed her dish and put it in the dish drainer. Drying her hands off she started walking back to the living room area and Grace stopped her.

"I'm not dumb by a long shot. If you and your father think you are about to get in some trouble think again." Grace said pointing her finger in Anastasia face.

"Mama please. I told you what I know."

Before Grace could answer again the twins started crying. Anastasia walked to the room and picked up the babies. She changed their diapers and fed them. Afterwards she rocked them back to sleep. Looking down at her son she saw so much resemblance of Damion.

It tore her up inside to know that they will never see him again. Anastasia couldn't take no more so she laid the kids back down and left the room.
She went and showered and got dressed. Walking back through the front of the house Grace looked at her.

"And where are you going?"

"Mama I need to go make the arrangements for Damion. I'll be back later. Can you watch the twins for me?"

"Of coarse baby. You don't have to even asked. Do you want me to go with you?"

"No ma'am. I got this. I'll
See you when I get back."

Grace walked over and hugged her. She kissed her forehead and looked her in her eyes.

"Baby don't try and fight this fight alone. I'm here for you. And I will have your back."

"Thank you mama."

Anastasia smiles and walked out the house. Walking to her car she got in and sat there for a second. She did have to meet with the funeral home but that was not where she was going at the time. She pulled out her phone.

She dialed the number and put it to her ear. The phone rings several times before the person answered.

"Hello."

"Yes this is Anastasia Moore. I called you yesterday about a assignment. Is there a way you can meet me now?"

"Yes actually I can. Where do you want to meet and talk business?"

"Let's say at the coffee shop downtown in 30 minutes."

"Cool. I'm actually already in the area so I'll see you in a few."

"Great. See you soon." Anastasia said hanging the phone up.

She cranks the car and backed out the yard. Driving down the street she felt herself getting sad all over again. She thought about the kids and what she was gonna do now that Damion is gone. Tears fell down her cheeks as she drove.

She turned on the radio to try to take her mind off things. She flipped through and found a station.

Play song here

Driving listening to this song broke me down. All I was able to think about was Damion. And the way he was taken from me. I really loved him. I miss him. Why he had to do this to him? He didn't bother nobody. Now I'm left all alone to raise these kids.

I don't know how to feel anymore. I just don't know what else I can do to ease this pain. My cell phone started ringing knocking me out my mood. I cleared my voice and wiped my face. I looked at the caller Id and saw it was my dad.

"Hello. Hey daddy."

"Ana! Where are you?"

"I was headed to a meeting. What's wrong daddy?"

"I'm about to drop my location to you. I fucked up."

What did he do????

Did he get Jamison?????

Comment and vote!!!!!

It's about to go down. This is almost to the end guy. I will update this book when the reads hit 4.50k.