the Insane Adventures of Zak and Co. Chap 1

I was in a deep, troubled sleep. All I could see in my dreams were pictures of knights in shining armor, riding their pristine steeds and going to battle with massive monsters.I looked around in my dream, and saw myself on a hill, and I was dressed in scale mail armor, wielding a sword in one hand, and a hatchet in another. I twisted and turned, and saw a massive red dragon, its scales glittering like a thousand rubies hitting the sun at once. It flapped its wings, and flew towards me, spewing fire and making itself appear like a fiery comet flying at me. I yelled and covered my face.

I woke up, sweating in the dark room. It was pitch black, and I couldn't see a thing. I shivered, the room was cold, and the blanket I had wrapped around my legs wasn't helping matters any. I stretched my arms and felt my shirt fabric scratch against my skin. I froze for a moment. These weren't my clothes, they felt like they were made of rough cotton.

If I could see, I would of been able to tell by the color. I got up from the bed, which felt a bit too hard to be mine and felt an uncomfortable breeze near my nether regions. Whoever changed my clothes, not only had no sense of personal privacy, they also must of had a very bad knowledge of what men wear as I seemed to be wearing some sort of night robe. This had to be corrected, sooner rather than later.

Suddenly there was a light rap on my door, or what I assumed was my door as I couldn't see anything. I stumbled towards where the noise came from only to trip over the blankets that were entangling my legs. I landed with a loud thud onto the hard stone floor. "Owwww." I muttered to myself, getting to my knees and rubbing my stomach.

"Is everything alright in there?" A girl's voice asked, muffled slightly by the door. It sounded familiar but had an odd ring to it.

"Um... Yes." I answered uncertainly.

"Can I come in, Zak?" The girl's voice asked.

"Yes." I answered again, wondering who the person could be. Whoever it was obviously knew me. Or at least my nickname.

The door creaked open and flooded the dark room with vibrant light. I covered my eyes to get them adjusted.

"What are you doing on the floor?" The voice asked. I knew that voice. It was Jessica's voice but with a tiny trace of a British accent.

"I fell." I answered dumbly, uncovering my eyes and revealing the room to me. The room was small and made of a dull grey stone. There was hardly any furniture in the room at all, just my bed on one side and a small dresser on the other. Both were made of pine. All around, I wouldn't want to live there.

"Well that's obvious." She said, striding towards me on the ground. She looked dazzling. She was wearing a splendid red dress, not very fancy but very good looking and a red hooded cloak made of what looked like satin. Her blue eyes were set off by the violent ruby color of her clothes and had her blond hair was tied up into two little buns at the back of her head.

She leaned down and grasped my hand and pulled me to my feet. And chuckled at my miserable position.

Noticing she was laughing at me, I looked down and untid the blanket from around my legs. I straightened up blushing slightly.

"Um... Where am I?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

She looked at me quizically. "You're in a room, Zak. Surely you know what that is?" She asked, grinning sarcastically.

I scowled at her and she looked at me funnily. "Are you alright?"

"No. I don't know where I am." I said irritably.

"You're serious?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Wow, you must of really hit your head hard yesterday." She muttered to no one in particular. "You're in your uncle's castle. You know, Uncle Mycer. Actually, I'm technically supposed to call him Duke Mycer, but nobody really does. Yesterday you hit your head on a branch of a tree while out hunting some deer."