Chapter Four

Alejandro Russo

"Yes, just make sure that everything is as I asked for we'll be there shortly" I say into my phone as I walk around Roger's living room.

It's my wedding night the night I thought would leave me feeling a little grounded or at least a little relief that something was finally looking up in my life but now nothing is what it should be.

Kirsten ran away today she left me. I have been engaged to her since before I was born I knew about the agreement when I was seventeen when I stumbled upon the deal in my father's study and he told me the whole thing.

I was angry at first about it; about not getting the chance to choose my own life partner but after thinking over it and all that it would benefit for the company a company that I have built into something great.

Now my marriage and the success rate of it will determine the outcome of my company and this families too. I don't know how I am going to make this work I am married to a woman that I don't know she's scared out of her mind I can tell she flinches whenever I touch her and she hardly speaks to me I'm a stranger to her.

I know I am. With Kirsten it was different we both knew about it and we both agreed that we would work as a team and make this work for us and not let them dictate our life but us run our own life. For a year everything seemed fine we were planning this wedding she seemed happy even I felt a little happy knowing that my life was getting somewhat calm.

But now I don't know what to do everything is a mess I was looking forward to getting away this week for the honeymoon just to get away from the stress of my work but now I have to work even harder to reassure our international partners that nothing has changed and that our company is even better and stronger than before.

"I'm ready" A soft voice comes from behind me.

I turn around to find Jasmine standing behind me with a suitcase beside her and a bag over her shoulder she still has on her dress from before. I'm not going to lie she is nothing like Kirsten she's softer smaller and she is very warm.

I can tell just by looking into her eyes her beautiful light green eyes that hold so much fear and uncertainty. I know that we have put a lot on her but she is not showing one ounce of the fear I see in her eyes she's being brave.

"Let me take that" I walk over to her taking the bag from beside her I reach for her hand and she lets me take it.

We walk out of the house and back to my car I put her bag in the back with the reset of our things the drive back to my place is a good one I don't like the city too much and my dad had given me his house there to live in when I got married and I am.

I look over at Jasmine as I drive she has her head on the window her eyes close and I think she is sleeping. I never knew that Kirsten had a little sister or that she was so beautiful she is nothing like her sister she isn't into all the glam and hype that Kirsten was she is quiet.

I remember her at the dinner the first time I met her entire family she walked in, in her pjs looking so cute it was funny. She looked so beautiful then and now spending a day with her just being near her I feel that this small quiet girl has a lot to offer.

I pull up in the drive way of my home turning off the engine I look over at Jasmine and she is fast asleep. Today was a stressing day for her making all these life changing decisions couldn't have been easy but she is taking it well.

I get out of the car walking over to her side I gently open the door careful not to wake her reach down unbuckling her seat belt she stirs her head touching my shoulder. I scoop her up in my arms and she moan some protest.