Chapter Five

Jasmine Milano

"Doesn't it hurt sleeping on that thing?" I ask Alejandro as he gets ready for bed.

We're married and living together for a few weeks now and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. At first it was all scary and weird but we made an agreement to be friends and so far, we've been getting along.

Alejandro isn't as bad as I thought he would be he is really sweet and understanding not to mention he goes out of his way to make sure that I am comfortable and don't feel left behind or alone and that is something that I have never had before I like it.

I look over at the coach that he is calling is bed for weeks now it must hurt his back sleeping on that. I know that he is trying to give me space and all but this is his room too and we are sharing a life we can share the bed it's big enough and I can put up some barriers.

"It's fine" he tells me taking a pillow off the bed.

"No, it's not" I walk over to the coach taking up the sheet and pillow there. "It's not healthy sleeping on the coach like that it will hurt your back."

"Where do you suggest I sleep then?" he asks looking around the room.

I take a breath I don't know how I am going to say this with a straight face I have never slept with anyone in my life let alone a guy who is my husband this is all new but I don't want him to get hurt and I know that that coach hurts.

"The bed, it's big enough and we have pillows" I walk over to the closet taking out some more pillows building them up in the middle of the bed parting it in two. "There plenty of space"

Alejandro smiles shaking his head looking at me he walks up to the bed getting in and I do too. We lay in silence for I don't know how long as the moon light shines in on us and I feel relaxed I turn over on my side facing Alejandro and he is asleep.

He is handsome. I think looking at him the way his light copper hair rests on his face the smooth outline of his jaw his soft plush lips I remember the feel on them on mine it was such a rush that kiss. I had never been kissed before that day never been in a man's arms in any way but his.

This might be a bad thing and I know that this our life it isn't real but I am glad that my husband was the one that gave me my first kiss even if it was just for show it felt good. I always wondered what a kiss would feel like what it would mean to be kissed it felt good.

I am trying my hardest not to fall for this guy I don't want to get hurt or hurt anyone but it's hard he is just so sweet. I think on some weird level he gets me and I like that I like knowing that someone other than my friends and family gets me.

I fall asleep that night with a smile on my face just feel safe for the first time since everything happened I felt safe. I wake with a stir turning into a wall of pillows I open my eyes to see that it's morning and I am alone in bed I look over at the bedside clock and it's after eight.

"Good morning Mrs. Russo" Becky our housekeeper's voice comes from the door as she walks into the room.

I smile sitting up in bed I am still not used to all this attention and servants that Alejandro has and being call Mrs. Russo everyday it's all new to me but I have to embrace it with an open mind.

"Morning" I pull back the sheets getting out of bed.

I walk into the bathroom closing the door behind me it's still warm in here telling me that Alejandro is still home and that thought makes me smile I love having him here he's fun to talk to and he's into classical cars which is a plus for me in anything.