Chapter Two

Weddings. People love them my mother loves them I don't understand it why I have to be up so early and I am not the one getting married. I look around the floral shop that my mom and I are in picking up some flowers for Kirsten's bouquet I tell you that girl is really demanding.

She woke everyone up early this morning with some last-minute changes on all her wedding attire my mom and aunts are running around trying to get them right for her and me being the only one who can drive dad's truck has to be here it has the biggest truck so I'm here.

I walk around the floral shop just taking in the many flowers here before a white rose catches my eyes. I'm not one for flowers I don't know much about it but this I like this one it looks so beautiful and pure like me I guess.

I look around as a hand rests on my shoulder and it's my mother she gives me a smile before telling me we have to go. We made a few more stops on the way home when we get to the house everything was in chaos people running around trying to get things in order a mad house.

"Where are you going?" I ask Kevin as I see him try to sneak out the house.

"Anywhere but here maybe back to the office" he tells me with a sigh. "Even work is less stressing than this"

I giggle watching as he makes a run for it and I think I'll do the same I'm not needed here anymore. Once I told mom that I was heading out I called up my two crazy friends from school to meet me for coffee and they were only too happy to come.

"Jasmine!" They both yell as I walk up to the table.

"Dahlia, Rena" I say hugging them back.

We stand just hugging for a while before we sat down ordering coffee and talking. Dahlia, Rena and I have been friends since high school they were the nerd twins in our class and they got picked on just as much as me by Kirsten and that's how we became friends.

I love them they are both off the Oxford next month to study law and chemistry together they have a great relationship I sometimes envy them for that I want that with Kirsten but she is all in her own world the diva.

"So, how's the wedding coming along?" Dahlia asks making me smile remembering the joy in mom's eyes this morning.

"Good Kirsten it's being Kirsten but mom and dad seem happy about it" I say taking a sip of my latte.

"You know your next right" Rena says raising a brow at me and I shake my head telling her no.

"There is no way I am getting married before I complete my dream" I tell her seriously and she giggles.

"I get that, but I'm telling you a few months or a year from now we'll be getting your wedding invitation in the mail trust me on this" she tells me in her know it all voice and we all laugh.

I spend a good portion of the morning with them just laughing and talking about our crazy life they want me to join them in London for a few weeks to set up their apartment and I told them that I would run it by my folks but I'm all in.

I make my way back to the house to get ready for the wedding which I am sure will be grand seeing as our family isn't small and doesn't do anything small and from what the girls told me about this Russo guy's family they are no small fleet either.

I walk into the living room and I heard hush talking coming from the kitchen I walk in to find my mother talking with a lady I have never seen before. My mother looks up when she sees me and the first thing I see is red puffy eyes and I know something is wrong.

"Mom?" I walk up to her touching her shoulder and she looks at me brown eyes stressed. "What's wrong?"

She shakes her head breaking into tears the lady that was with her comforts her while I am lost as to what is happening. I look around trying to see if I could figure out what was going on when I spot a note on the counter I walk over to it taking it up it's from Kirsten.