Chapter 20

Giovanni Ellis:

I spaced out. I was aware of what I was doing but it was like I couldn't stop it from happening. My wolf wanted blood and I knew he couldn't have it. She didn't even have to say it I somehow already knew that she had. Would I feel better if it was Santiago? At least i'd know whose blood I couldn't have.

I can't even think of it as consensual?  But then again who would rape the kingdoms beloved Princess? The answer is no one which means that it would've had to have been consensual. Men are disgusting creatures, myself included, and I just can't wrap my head around the fact that she willingly let them touch her in that way. I don't think I could bring myself to do it. Taint her in a way she'd never be able to recover from.

Last night after she cleaned my wounds she sat with me for another hour trying to cover up what i'd done. She wouldn't let me apologize to her or even bring up what had happened. It's like she was trying to cover it up. She had someone come in and fix the wall and my wounds healed. If we never talked about it again then it's like it never happened.

I get dressed in preparation for breakfast with her...if she decides to come back. After last night I don't expect her too though. There is a soft knock on the door right as I walk from the closet and then her voice like everyday. "Gio?" She asks softly as she comes in. She grins when she sees me and closes the door.

"Hey," I smile back glancing at the already patched up wall behind her. If she notices she doesn't let in on it.

She kicks off her shoes and looks at me apologetically. "Sorry, My feet are killing me from training and these heels are not doing me any good." I chuckle at her.

Looking down at my own shoes I also kick mine off "I'll take mine off too." I smile "Now we match." I tell her coping her words from last night.

She giggles and comes over to me. I thinks she's going to hug me, which would be a weird occurrence, but she just brushes past me and sits on the couch. "How'd you sleep?"

"Fine," I say going over to the opposite couch and plopping down. "How about you?"

"Tossed and turned all night. My birthday ball is tomorrow so it's going to be a long day." She sighs. I nod at her.

"You excited?"  She laughs

"Excited? Thats a word." She looks up at me "Honestly, you're such a baby compared to me." I roll my eyes.

"Not this again."

Se shrugs "Hey i'm just saying. Not my fault you're but a babe."

scoffing I stand "Im taller than you" She quickly stands and then goes to put on her heels. She huffs when she realizes she's still way shorter then me.

"You also happen to be a giant and that's not my fault."

"No, I think you just happen to be tiny."

Her eyes widen and I see her smirk. She takes a step closer to me "Tiny?"

I step closer to her and compare our height with my hand. "Yeah, looks about right."

This time she steps so close we are practically touching. She looks up at me through her lashes and her lips part. I gaze down at her my own breaths coming out in quiet pants as my wolf begs me to touch her. To kiss her. I want to so bad. Without even realizing it I start to lean down and she tips her head back slightly. Inches away and I can feel her minty breath fanning over my face.

Something clicks in me and I pull back quickly. It's like she was in a weird trance as was I and she blinks rapidly. She backs away from me her eyes just as wide as mine "Im so sorry, Gio."