8 (Part one and two)

Siren's Pov:

I swim back to my room after saying bye to Vien and the hunters, but my mom stops me a few corners before. I turn to face her, she has a frustrated face as she swims up to me. What happened now?

"Siren! Where were you? I was waiting for you to come out of the dungeons for 30 minutes!" Oh right... I came out earlier than usual because of the circumstances.... 

I stagger to come up with a reasonable excuse. "I think with Vien here and all, it would be uh, bad omen to kill the beacon now. Plus, I've lost the spear, it just disappeared somehow! Maybe I'll find it tomorrow?" She looks at me like she is trying to figure something out. "I swear mom! I will kill him, just... when the time is right!" I sheepishly smile at her. She sighs and swims away.

That was close.

I sigh as I go back to my room. Thoughts swirl around inside my head. I remember Vien's advice on talking to Kappa about what happened... BUT IT'S SO... SO... EMBARRASSING!!!  Our first kiss was ended with me hiding from him. I must have hurt his feelings by doing that...

I want to go tell him that I didn't hate it... But even I don't know how I feel about this. How can I go tell him that I didn't hate it when I don't know how I felt?

Ugh! Everything was fine before this...

Maybe I should just sleep this off. I'll think of something. Everything will be fine.

.

.

.

I wake up to shouts and screams. 

"What do we do?!" 

"Take her to the healer's den!" 

"Close the gates!"

"Don't lock them in here with us!"

I swim out of my room and right into a guard trying to swim away. "What happened?!" I say with a worry.

"Prince! The castle is under attack! You shouldn't be outside! Please go ba-" 

"Stay calm. Explain to me what happened." I smell blood all around me, this doesn't seem good.

"A group of barracudas snuck into the castle. They're attacking anyone on sight." I think of something to say or do, but a purple tail catches my eyes. My eyes widen at the scene. Vien is being taken away by some of the hunters from before towards the healer's den. Her arm is covered in blood and her face in agony.

What in the seas happened while I was sleeping?

______________________________

     Kappa's Pov:

Siren just left. I just ruined our friendship. 

He will never try to help me escape now. In fact, he might even want to kill me now. I messed up and now I have nobody to help me escape, but myself. 

Siren was the first to stand up against my prophecy, he was the one who said no to killing me when even I couldn't. Even if it may be awkward between the two of us now, I can't let his attempts to free me be in vein. Even if he won't want to help me now, I have to escape. For the him from before the kiss, and for me. 

I remember the moment only a few hours ago, it was so embarrassing! ...But...

I guess it felt nice. 

"WHY MUST YOU BETRAY ME LIKE THIS, MY FISH FRIENDS?!" 

I sigh in defeat. "I have to escape, especially now that I'm not sure if Siren will be on my side."