Chapter 1: Start of Something New

Dear Harry,

Why aren't you mailing me back? I've lost count of how many letters I've sent you. I'm actually starting to get worried that your Aunt and Uncle have something to do with this. At first I thought it might be Maple, but she's delivering letters to Ron, Hermione, and Fred just fine. PLEASE mail me back. What have you been up to? Did you do what I suggested with your family? Have they been treating you better? If not, maybe I could persuade my parents to let you spend the rest of summer with us.

Right now I am with my parents on our private island off the coast of Africa. I forgot how beautiful it is here! There are beautiful palm trees and perfectly trimmed grass and every plant life is so green! The entire island is surrounded by crystal clear blue water and the only way to get here is by boat. The house is only one story, but it's really big and sits on sand - I'm in my beach chair writing this in the sun getting a nice tan. By the grace of God, my room is on one side of the house - the side closest to the pool - and my parents room is on the other end. In the past when we were on vacation in other houses, I heard things no child should hear...

Anyway, I can't wait to see you again! Hopefully nothing happens this year, so everything can be normal and we can crush the Slytherins in Quidditch. By the way, Ron has mailed you countless times and is getting really impatient. Apparently he's asked you to stay at his place in every single letter. Hermione has mailed a lot to. Write back!

From,

Chloe

I wrap up the letter and go into the kitchen where Maple is drinking water. The kitchen is a decent sized room with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. Maple is on the round wooden table by one of the counters. Since she has had nothing to do for two weeks, she sticks her leg out and flies off at once to deliver the letter. After she does, I decide to go swimming, so I go to my room to change from my black strappy tanning bikini into one of my more full coverage bikinis. This bikini is white and blue with hints of black and it has palm leaves on it. I decide to do laps in the pool and since my parents are on the mainland hunting, I can blast my music. I search my room for my radio. My room is smaller than my room at home, but it's really cozy. I have a queen sized bed with white blankets lined in green and the bed has lamps attached to it. All of my furniture is made of wood and blends in perfectly. I find my radio and head out to the pool.

I do laps and work out in the pool for a good hour and a half before my parents come back (I work out for so long because I grew quite a bit and I'm really eager to get away from the girlish figure and I want to look more like my mom). "Stay in there much longer and you'll be permanently pruney" I hear dad say. I look up and smirk. I also see that they brought me Italian food! I immediately get out. "So that's how we get your attention. Italian food. Noted" dad says with a smile. "Don't you forget it either" I say as I wrap my towel around myself. "Take a shower and by the time you get out we'll have a movie night set up" mom says. I nod and go and take a quick shower.

For the next few weeks, this is how my life goes. Lots of family time. I don't hear from Harry until about a week later. Apparently some house elf named Dobby intercepted all of his letters because of some danger at Hogwarts. He's also at the Weasley's house now. Fred, George, and Ron all snuck out in the middle of the night to break him out. Harry had bars on his windows! What cruel parents do that? The day after I get Harry's letter, I get a letter from Hogwarts. "I'll go call Alice and see when it's not sunny in London" mom says and leaves the room while I look and see what I need for the next school year.

Second-Year Students Will Require:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart