Chapter Three

The air around Ukraine was thick yet breathable. It gave comfort to him as he pountered unquestionable things about the world and future. At times he would think of Canada and how much he cared about him. He never knew Maple boy and him would be so close. He always asked himself if Canada liked him as a friend or as more but that wasn't his business, none of this was his anyways. Ukraine felt faint misty droplets hit him, he let himself show down to enjoy it before it faded away like a memory of the oldest past. The tall Ukrainian took small steady steps on the pavement, the shoes he wore were winter boots that went up to half up his calves. Within his pocket was the pills for the problem he had with his stomach. He remembered he didn't take his pills for the day. So, he popped opened the bottle and took one. It delighted Ukraine to go to his friend's home just to brag about how he didn't have an eating disorder and it was just a problem with his stomach. Little did he know that he wouldn't make it to his friend's home to brag about how he was right. A thick nose burning smell filled Ukraine's nose, it smelt of vodka, Communism, and bitter coldness. Ukraine started to move his long legs faster to stay away from the not-so stranger. He kept walking faster looking at the ground in till he crashed into the slightly taller communist.  Ukraine's grey-scaled eyes looked up at his father, who he hated and didn't fear. He sharply moved back as big hands touched his tense shoulders. He took his silver craved dagger from his slot and pointed it at the man, with that action Ukraine made, there was a chuckle. "Ukraine, Ukraine, My dear youngest daughter. You're gonna get yourself killed and your friends as well." Ukraine didn't believe him as he slipped from his grasp. He was used to being misgendered by his father. "Lies, you wouldn't dare hurt them!" His unused hand balled into a shaking fist. "You sure? Because I got Kaz surrounded by machines that will take his other arm and Canada in freezer freezing to death." Ukraine knew Kazakhstan has a fear of machines, and that Canada would die in the coldness that the Soviets can handle. "What do you want! Don't hurt my friends and family." Ukraine had such a sleek sharp tone as he snapped. The sweater wearing male kept moving away from USSR. He can beat USSR, Ukraine has beat USSR with a pill bottle before. He isn't scared to do it again. "You're brave, strong, and you have potential in being a soldier for me. Even a General. Join me, your friends and family will live." At that moment Ukraine stupidly threw his dagger at Soviet Union; USSR easily caught it without drawing blood. "The hard way I'm guessing?" Ukraine wasn't listening to him, he was fighting someone who had snuck behind him to knock him out. Ukraine started to block with his forearms to keep himself from being hit in the head with a baseball bat. Behind Ukraine, USSR stabbed a syringe into the back of Ukraine's neck. It made Ukraine grasp and touch his neck as the metal bat, that most likely minorly broke his bones in his arms, swung at his head. Ukraine fell to the ground and watched as the world went numb and dark. That swing was all it took to knock him cold. USSR and his assistant started to walk away with Ukraine on the assistant's shoulder. It was a blessing he was so light for his height.

Ukraine woke up with his arms chained up to a cold stone wall along with his legs, he was without his sweater but not shirtless. But still, he still had his worn jeans on, not a new pair of random jeans. He looked around frantically looking for someone, anyone. He started to wish he never went to get help with his stomach. He felt a slight ache in his arms and remember what might have caused it, he checked his forearms and found clean bandages that wrapped his arms. He could feel that it was numbed. With all his might he stood up steadily. He needed to look for any light or people, he needed to find a way out. A sudden wave of coldness and ice hit him. Water had been poured on him, the water that had missed splashing his bare feet. Meanwhile, being drenched, he shivered at the coldness and fluid. "Hello Ukraine Kiev. Are you willing to join me? Or will you let your pitiful friends rot away." USSR showed Ukraine a red and white finger. It was Canada's. It had to be! Ukraine's face twisted in fear and horror. USSR saw Ukraine's reaction to this and grab the other by the chin and said. "I'll kill him. Unless you join me my dear daughter." Ukraine could only nod, but he had to speak up about the daughter thing. "Son. I'm your son." He hissed at his father, which USSR wasn't all too puzzled about. "Then act like your my son. Be a brave man and prove you are a Soviet son, not a Soviet daughter." Ukraine was surprised by USSR accepting that he wasn't a female, this was a lot easier than expected. But guilt hit him, why did he give up do quickly? Oh! Right, USSR was going to hurt his closest friend. At that Ukraine nodded agreeing to join USSR with his plans or his wars. What could he even do?