Chapter Four

The room is dark, without light but from the dim tv. Ukraine was bound to an old chair, with his eyes forced wide open. Waves of pain hit him like stab wounds into the chest. Ukraine let out a pain-filled whine as he felt another wave hit him hard, again. This felt like a lurid dream and he was just sleeping but no. He was drifting in and out of the real world, going from black to grey to white. He's been put through so much, his body might just shut down but it couldn't. To mention, no one has tried to look for him, nothing was all right anymore. He knew his family and friends wouldn't find him. That he was gone for good and there was no I or no more. There was nothing left to break of him, there was left to take from him. His eyes were no longer a color, they were gloomy and soulless. His eyes held no desires and fantasies; they were two tones of grey, the greys weren't even much of a blue shade. He spoke barely any English anymore, he couldn't or he would be whipped till he collapsed. Just a bloody body, that's what he is whipped into.
Back to what is on hand. The only reason he was being injected with new chemicals for mutations, he was being disobedient. He was bound, his dry eyes were forced open as he was injected with the unknown chemicals. He had to watch war videos he knew the words to by now. The waves of pain were the chemicals messing with his body and the dryness of his eyes was adding to the pain as well.
An utter of sorry in thick Russian was said from the trapped make. He only spoke in Russian. "будешь ли ты подчиняться ссср? (Will you obey the USSR?)" A voice said, that Ukraine never knew because he couldn't see the voice's owner. They sounded they weren't native to Russian. "да да я буду подчиняться. (Yes yes I will obey.)"Ukraine's voice so sad, yet so obedient. He had been broken, his grey wings appeared from his back and drooped from his back, it never happened fully unless he was expressing pure emotions. But his emotions were varied and matched. Most were gone by now, emotions were a penalty. It had to be on command. He just stared at the ceiling as the person freed him and walked off. Maybe to document that what USSR once craved for, had happened. He lost consciousness right then and now. His head smashes onto the bitter floor, causing it to bleed a deep crimson. What did could he do? He was out and unawakened. No one was there to help him out of this hell. No one could see he passed out.

He awoke in a room filled with frigid air, it wasn't a punishment. It was the room for only higher soldiers and generals. Which his father is the only one authorized to put normal soldiers in the medical room. He guessed USSR couldn't lose him, so he was treated by the higher doctor. Or maybe it was because he's very, very distinct from the others. Ukraine felt his head, there was a bandage on around. He felt his back when he was done touching the bandage on his head, no wings where there. So he could control them. He put a hand to his ears and felt the aids that were built for him, USSR had noticed that he couldn't hear shit and pitied him so badly, that he got him hearing aids. He sighed and greeted the medical personnel with a faint smile. "Russian- hello, did my hollow bones scare you?" At that, the doctor swiveled their head and went to help others. Ukraine's head ached still and it would most likely ache till the next day. With all the strength he got up and put on his old jacket.

He was greeted by his fellow soldiers, yet he wasn't being trained as a soldier but as a commander. He hated hearing the word comrade ring into his new hearing ears. He missed Canada, he missed his brother. He missed being able to hug his best friend. His hands stayed in his pocket. He hummed as he went to his dad's office, before he went into the office he had one last thing to do. His hands went into his shirt and he kissed the maple leaf pendant to craved himself. It had Canada's maple syrup smell to it. "I promise I'll return-" suddenly a hit was given to Ukraine. His head rung at the hit, it caused him to fall back. Glancing up he saw it was his father. Oh no his necklace. "USSR please, that's I have of Canada." USSR slammed him down to the ground with his combat booted food.
"Weak. He doesn't care about you. I will have you experimented on again."
A slam came to the ground as the necklace broke from impact. "No no! Sir! I will obey USSR." He got from under his feet and stood up and saluted him with a quick movement. "Good job." USSR calmly said as he walked into his office. The necklace was broken. He bent and grabbed it, putting it into his pocket.