3: Taken | Part II

C h a p t e r 3: Taken | Part II

Hayaa's POV

Screaming.

It’s all I was doing, but somehow no one seemed to help me. It’s like my voice wasn’t being heard. It’s like it was mocking me, only giving away an impression that my screams were loud enough for the entire of Cardiff to hear.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

All I felt was immobility. No pain, no relief, just nothing. I was paralyzed. Only darkness surrounded me and if I wasn’t freaking out then, I’m most definitely freaking out now.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Why wasn’t anyone here? And what the hell was that annoying beeping sound?!

Suddenly, I saw the knife again and the guy called Woody was looking at me with eyes full of regret.

“It’ll be easier for both of us if you stopped moving.” He whispered again. His image was blurry.

“Hayaa! Are you okay?” A voice called out of nowhere.

“Hayaa? Hayaa? Can you hear me?” Erain! That was Erain, I’d know her voice anywhere.

“What is it?! Did she wake up?”

Beep. Beep. Beep.

If there were people in the room, why aren’t they helping me? How come they didn’t stop Woody? Where did Erain’s voice come from?

Wait, did someone say ‘wake up’?

“Her eyes were twitching.” A completely unfamiliar voice commented.

I thought I was awake. Why is everything so confusing?

“Please.” Woody said in a fading voice.

“NO!” I screamed as the knife pierced my skin again.

There were people talking close by but I couldn’t barely hear them. The pain was unbearable. However, I could still make out the annoying beeping sound in the background as it sped up momentarily.

“NO!” I screamed louder.

My eyelids started to flutter a bit and when I opened my eyes a bit, they got attacked by strong white rays. I reflexively shut them close.

I was about to scream again when suddenly I was being strangled.

____________________________________________________

Erain's POV

“Hayaa! Are you okay?” Colin's voice suddenly boomed as he jumped out of his chair and leaned close to Hayaa. My heart skidded to a halt and I jumped in my chair.

“Hayaa? Hayaa? Can you hear me?” I pleaded. My heart felt like it was being rinsed dry with all the worry. Her eyes twitched slightly and her lips parted.

“What is it?! Did she wake up?” Harry asked, staring at her intently.

“Her eyes were twitching.” Colin replied and I nodded. I grabbed her hand and gave it a soft squeeze.

“Hayaa, please just... just hint to me that you're okay. I'm dying over here.” My voice broke at the end and I swallowed a sob as I unwillingly started recalling what had happened; her figure outstretched on the ground with blood all around her, the X in her upper arm, the guy on the phone, that she was drugged...

“Should I get a nurse?” Harry inquired, sitting at the foot of her bed looking uncomfortable, like he didn't know what to do. I looked back at Hayaa and nodded.