Prologue

P R O L O G U E

Lina’s P.O.V.

“Um… Do you… Wanna d-dance?” Said the total L-geek that asked me out. I can’t even begin to believe that I was that desperate.

“Just get lost, you loser.” I spat out in annoyance, giving him a disgusted once over look then I turned and pushed my way through the sweaty crowd to the furthest point in this airless gym away from him.

This was supposed to be the best night of High school ever and they ruined it.

“I’m gonna kill those bitches.” I growled under my breath crossing my arms and leaning my back against a wall.

Everyone was dancing to the beats of Everything About You by the sexy One Direction band, but for the first time in my life I wasn't even interested in singing along as loud as I could.

“Now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for… has arrived.” Mrs. Mona Samir’s voice squeaked from over the stage, that was set-up in the middle of the gym, when the song ended. I scowled when I saw Erain and Hayaa laughing together close by the stage.

“The prom King and Queen are…,” and a drum roll followed. I caught sight of Andrew whispering something in his bitch/prom date’s ear, which made me clench my fists tightly.

“Andrew Sultan and Salma Rizq!” Mrs.Samir shouted excitedly. Cheers and applause filled my ears as my eyes shot daggers at the happy couple getting on the stage. I found the double bitches whistling and clapping their hands wildly at them.

I was supposed to be the one putting on that crown and French kissing Andrew on this stage, not that slut!

All of a sudden, all the lights dimmed down and a spotlight started circling around the packed gym, until that unexpected moment when it landed right on me. All the eyes in the room turned towards me and mine widened.

A moment later, nothing was changed, the spotlight was still on me, and as always moi was the centre of attention.

"Sorry everyone, but there's a current malfunction with the spotlight." A man’s distant voice said and suddenly everybody burst out laughing. My line of sight turned towards Hayaa and Erain, who were laughing like they knew something; like they were behind everything that just happened. Could they be?

As if on cue, Erain winked at me. OMG! That BITCH! Where did she get the nerve?

I stomped my foot on the ground, growled an “Ugh!” and pushed through the crowds to get out of this disease-filled gymnasium.

I’m gonna totally kill those bitches! I mean, not only did they ruin everything, but they also made me look like a complete loser loner.

How could they mess with the principal’s freakin’ daughter?

Don’t they know that I could turn their lives into a living hell?

They’re both useless characters that won’t go anywhere in life anyway.

You know what, I just had the perfect idea…

Karma is the ultimate bitch.