Chapter 24 - Amren

I grumbled as I led Aelin, Feyre, the kingling and the witchling towards the library.

It made more sense to let Aelin lead, but I just wanted the satisfaction of being the group leader.

"Are we going to the library?" Aelin grumbled, trying to dodge around me. I successfully maintain the lead, all while purposefully not answering Aelin's question.

"Yes, we're going to the library," Aelin mumbled, answering her own question.

I bared my teeth in a fierce grin as Feyre muttered, "Don't think Amren will answer. She'll leave you to stew for fun."

"That sounds like me," Manon purred. I cracked a smile/wince that nobody saw. Manon was my descendant. My last direct descendant.

Also an Ironteeth-Crochan mix. What did that mean? Especially when Aelin was Brannon's heir, and Dorian was Elena's.

The bickering from behind me finally rose to a pitch. I turned and barked, "Shut up, you imbeciles!"

Blessfully, that shut everything up for about five seconds, until Aelin mumbled, "Let me lead. You're the imbecile. I know the way better."

I snapped my teeth warningly, but thankfully the entrance to the library came up in view ahead.

"I knew it," Aelin muttered. I whipped my head around to glare at her.

"Well, Miss Know-It-All, please explain why exactly we're coming here," I snapped, almost releasing my long dormant iron teeth.

Aelin gave a chilling grin that shockingly failed to chill me. "Why, discuss the prophecy. Why else would you bring the four of us away from our families to the library, of all places?"

I sighed. "Come in." All I got for my troubles were a glare. It looked to me like Feyre, witchling, and kingling were barely holding back laughs.

Grrrr.

"Well, then, why did you bring us here?" Dorian asked, taking a seat on one of the set of cushions I led them too.

Books, proof of my intense studying, sat piled around the area.

Manon and Dorian, naturally, sat next to each other. Aelin took the seat on the other side of Dorian, leaving Feyre to sit awkwardly between Manon and I.

"The prophecy," I answered. All their lingering smiles fell instantly.

"Dorian or Aelin..." Manon muttered.

"About that," Aelin said, frowning. "We discovered a new prophecy while in Prythian."

Dorian grimaced. "That can't be good."

"It's good news for some of you and bad news for the rest," I replied.

Dorian instantly frowned. "Aelin, if you're thinking of sacrificing yourself again..."

Aelin swallowed. "Don't you want to hear the new prophecy first?" she asked quietly.

Everyone nodded their pale faces.

"Queen of old,

Lady of new,

Seek the natural gate

Its power will hold your fate

Thy enemies shall enfold

But prophecy of old still holds

The Lock requires sacrifice

Nameless is my price."

Dorian whispered, his face ashen, "The Lock requires sacrifice. Nameless is my price."