New Life, New Identity

"UPSIE DAISY! COME ON, GET UP! IT IS A NEW DAY, AND IT IS TIME TO SPILL-"

"LENUS!! SHUT UP!!"

I woke with a start at the sound of Lenus's voice. He had barged into my tent and had started shouting at me to get up, for a reason unknown, when I rose. The other voice was Deu's and she didn't sound friendly.

"Sorry, Deu!"

"SHUT UP!!! It's not even dawn yet!"

"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING IN MY TENT?! GET! OUT!" I yelled in his face when I realized that I had gone to sleep as a wolf and woken up as human. Meaning I shifted during the night.

Meaning I was naked.

Once he realized this bit of information, he looked a bit sheepish. "Oh. Uh, right. Yeah, um, I guess I'll just-"

"GET OUT!!!!"

"Right, yeah, um-" he cut himself off. He looked like he was trying to swallow something but couldn't quite get it down. He cleared his throat, turned around and left the tent.

Dick.

Indie. Seriously, stop swearing. Do I need to wash my own mouth out with soap?

Sorry, Vox.

But really, what was he doing barging into our sleep haven before dawn?

No clue. But I want to sleep.

Say, where's Minimus?

Where's Minimus?

It wasn't an actual command, you idiot.

I knew it wasn't an actual command, you dense head, it was a joke.

Well, not very good one as far as I can tell.

Are you calling my jokes bad?

Yes, I-

Guys! Where is Minimus?

Right. Let's check outside.

Quickly, I threw on whatever clothes were on hand and ran from the tent. "Minimus! Minimus!" I called out, desperately looking for him. If anything had happened to him-

GIRL, CALM DOWN, I'M RIGHT HERE.

"Oh my God, don't EVER do that to me again! You nearly gave me a heart attack."

SORRY. I WAS HUNGRY, SO I WENT HUNTING.

"Okay, okay, I'll try to calm down. Just, can we make a deal?"

WHAT KIND?

"You promise that if I'm asleep, when I wake up I can find you outside my tent. You don't have to stay there, but when I wake up, I want to find you there. Okay?"

YEAH, OKAY INDIE. WE HAVE A DEAL.

I smiled and scratched his ears. "Good." I heard someone clear their throat and I looked around to see Lenus. "You."

"Me," he agreed. Then he did something that surprised me: he smirked. "So what's going on?"

"'What's going on?'? You woke me up before dawn to ask me, 'What's going on?'? What is wrong with you?"

"Oh, come on, Indie-"

"Stop calling me Indie!"

"Whatever. Look, I know that you went into the woods."

"No crap, Sherlock, I kind of announced it before I left," I told him, rolling my eyes.

"And I know that Orvar followed you," he said, his smirk getting stronger.